Does anyone use wowhd regularly?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by duffbeerdrinker, Apr 13, 2016.

1. duffbeerdrinker

duffbeerdrinker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +623
    I'm trying to decide whether or not to order from wowhd.co.uk. I believe they are the same company as AllYourMusic and DeepDiscount sellers on Amazon.
    Here's my question, every time I ordered from AllYourMusic or DeepDiscount the item has been posted from within the UK so no import duties were charged even when they cost well over £15.

Does anyone uses wowhd regularly? Do your items get posted from the UK? Did you ever get charged import duty?

2. mikemag

mikemag
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,046
    I've used them 3 or 4 times in the last couple of months and never been caught for any extra duties. If I'm honest though I didn't pay a lot of attention to the packaging so couldn't honestly say if the items were re-posted from within the UK, anything I got was sent in that kind of cardboard vacuum packed arrangement that Allyourmusic and MovieMars use.

Deliveries were not the quickest to arrive but then sometimes I think snail mail doesn't attract the attention from the Tax Man that speedier stuff does.

3. jeddati

jeddati

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I have used them once recently no import duty took 10 days, the Items looked like they were posted from within the UK as there was no customs labels and a royal mail pre-paid sticker. They may ship items out in bulk to the UK then ship them out locally.

4. JGM

JGM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    I've used them since DVDWorldUSA closed down. I've never been hit for VAT regardless of cost (they cost too little to invoke duty). They arrive with Royal Mail 48 pre-printed labels on them but they have to originate from the States and be re-posted here.

So far I've found that pre-orders are dispatched on the Thursday prior to release date e.g. I expect Revenant to be dispatched tomorrow. I receive them either the Friday or Saturday after the release date although I have had one arrive on the Monday. I did try Amazon Canada but found that although delivery was a very quick two days, they didn't dispatch until the day after the release date or even later. Of the four pre-orders that I made, one arrived on the Friday after release and three on the Monday. Hence why I use WowHD now.

5. BMox81

BMox81

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,162
    Used them just the once for Mad Max Fury Road (UHD) and had no issues whatsoever. Will probably grab another couple of titles from them next week.

Everyone is going to have hit and miss experiences with online retailers, it's just the way it is.

6. MovieFan60

MovieFan60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Took the plunge and ordered 'Sicario' UHD BD with them - listed as 'In Stock'

How long do they usually take to dispatch orders?

7. JGM

JGM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    As predicted (breathes sigh of relief), my UHD of The Revenant has arrived this morning. The blu is AB.