Does anyone use Cardas speaker cable ?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by rags, Sep 26, 2004.

1. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    I have heard lots of positives about this brand from some friends accros the pond.

Does anyone use or have experience of these cables ? I am thinking of ordering a set of the Quadlink 5 from my front three speakers - Cardas is supposed to have a musical laid back side to it which is primarily what Im looking for. I just need some back up opinions before I go and shell out some money

Also does anyone sell these cables in the UK - a demo would be great with local dealer.

Thanks

2. sjl

sjl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I thought I recognised the name of the cable you mentioned as I recalled a friend selling it.

Heres a link to his website

http://www.audiofreaks.co.uk/collection.html

He is based in Richmond but I dont know if he actually does demos or not.I think its more a selling to the trade operation but could be wrong.(We met through a shared interest in Subarus rather than audio stuff)

Steve

3. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    Thanks - ill give them a call tomorrow.

Anyone used these cables ?

4. rags

rags

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    Right I ordered some Quadlink 5C speaker cables today.

Spoke with 4 B&W Nautilus dealers today and all of them recommended this cable without prompting (and two of them were not even Cardas dealers!). Supposed to be a quite warm sounding cable and suits the B&W's just great.

Cardas apparently is a very well respected co in the States and they are closely associated with Kimber. The 5C is one of their budget cables !!

Heres a link - http://www.cardas.com/content.php?area=products&content_id=2&pagestring=Speaker&product_id=11