Does anyone think the £10 a month will stay?

gregh

hi there,

I'm very keen to get sky HD but the finance controller isn't with the extra £10 a month.

Does anyone remember how long after introduction sky dropped the £10 a month for sky+ if you had the premium packages, and do you think they will do the same for sky hd?

regards,

Greg

Scapegoat

hi there,

I'm very keen to get sky HD but the finance controller isn't with the extra £10 a month.

Does anyone remember how long after introduction sky dropped the £10 a month for sky+ if you had the premium packages, and do you think they will do the same for sky hd?

regards,

Greg

I moved my credit card and broadband to Sky at the same time so in overall costs I managed to show the GF that I was saving us money :D

Personally I can see Sky dropping the £10 a month if you have multi-room first before they consider scrapping it altogether :( . Maybe after its been out a year?

Starburst

Novice Member
It took 2 years before SKY decided the marketing advantages and retention aspects made more sense than charging £10 across the board for SKY+ and I suspect a similar timescale for HD unless VM make major movies into the format.

I think it's a no brainer for SKYworld to include HD at some point and well if you can get a deal on the hardware I would take the £120 sub increase hit in the first year, it's a decent introduction to broadcast HD if you get it all for under £300.

gregh

yeh I tried the switching phone & Broadband over, that was all part of the cunning plan, but it didn't work!

Will try again I guess !!

Cheers,

greg

ian-d

There is no plans in the near future to reduce/remove the HD cost on any package. Sky recently knocked down the price of the kit, thats all they are doing for now sorry

Jaycee Dove

It might actually be a start if Sky showed some common sense and dropped the second HD sub if you want an HD box for multiroom instead of ordinary Sky +.

That is totally unjustifiable and offputting for anyone with multiroom who might want to upgrade - yet the £20 charge (2 x £10 pm) is still there.

Until that goes there is little chance of the original £10 pm being removed.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom