1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone sell Acoustic Energy online?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Tristan, Oct 27, 2000.

1. Tristan

Tristan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't seem to find any online retailers that sell AE. I live up in Scotland so dealers are quite hard to come by outside of Glasgow. Any ideas woould be greatly appreciated. Essentially I'm looking for another set of Aegis ones and the Aegis centre after advice from this forum. I'm still unsure about the subwoofer as I can't really afford the AE one, although I'd love to get it. I think I may well opt for the Yamaha 160.

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    If you buy a Yamaha sub buy the SW 45, since the only differences between that and the 160 are size and power output, IMHO there is no sound quality improvement.

If you want AE gear you could try www.acoustic-energy.co.uk they usually have some stuff available, you just need good timing. Their service is good, i've bought a set of 5 AE101's from them, and they have previously sold the Aegis 1's (£110 pair)and Subs (£200 single) on it.

Happy hunting.

Rick

------------------
    'I am just a figment of your imagination.'
    MiB 1997

Work Site: The Sound Gallery
    Home Site: WD A.V.

[This message has been edited by ReTrO (edited 27-10-2000).]

3. Tristan

Tristan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the link Rick. I notice that they have AE200s for £110. Do you think this would work for rears if I used the Aegis 1s with the Aegis centre? Thanks again.