1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone remember these Horror/Thriller Anthology’s info wanted.

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,005
    Does anyone remember Twist In The Tale (US Title Tales Of The Unexpected) which was a Quinn Martin production or know of a web site that has what each story was about rather than just the titles?
    Twist In The Tale which was a very short run series of 1 hour stories each I think it only ran to 8 in total.
    Each week the stories started with a narration by William Conrad (Cannon).
    I think the first story was a retelling of the original Invaders story Beachhead.

An other one started Roy Thinnes (the actor from The Invaders) as a journalist who was against the death penalty and was given permission to go undercover on death row as a prisoner, but a guard who knew him (Ned Beatty?)from a previous execution which he was one of the guard involved in it and Roy was a witness. Swapped identities of Roy with an actual person due to be executed shortly.:eek:

One week I think was about a murderer started with the opening lines “Those whom the gods destroy first make mad” (think the quote is originally from Hamlet).

Does anyone know the title of this series (US).
    There use to be an other, which each week there were 3 stories. One concerned a juvenile who killed an old lady in her house and tried to kill her cat but failed when he got home he went to his bedroom the cat was there and a fight ensued, Spoiler [COLOR=e4e4ff] his mother called him for the evening meal and got not reply, she says “cat got your tongue” the camera goes to the room where blood is pouring from his mouth and the cat is in the corner eating his tongue.[/COLOR] :laugh: I do not think it was Tales From the Crypt.

2. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +520
    That's not from "Hamlet". Might be from something by Euripides.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,005
    You’re probably right, but wasn’t it Shakespeare who said: "As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods -- they kill us for their sport".