1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone programme prontos??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by Adrenochrome, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Hi I have purchased a pronto 940 and have lost a weekend trying to programme it:suicide: with not very much joy:laugh:

I have searched through 15 pages of info on the forums but i'm afraid it is way over my thick head.

Does anyone programme these things for payment?

I can't even download ccf from remotecentral properly:blush:

Kit i want to control is as follows

Hitachi 32pd3000 plasma

Panasonic ae500 projector

Skyplus v2

Toshiba sd220e dvd player

Microsoft x-box

Ps2

Yamaha rxv-630rds receiver

All help appreciated :zonked:

Adrenochrome.

2. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Drop me a PM with your number and I'm sure we can sort thia. No payment required. Actually very much enjoy programming prontos (just as well seeing as I have a 890 (sold), 950, TSU7000 and iPronto :) ). Can probably just reuse most of my CCF anyway.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Messiah any chance you could help with a marantz RC5200??? can i get a way of programming it with my lappy that has no serial ports (except USB)?

4. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    How about a USB to serial convertor? No idea if it would work but other than using someone else's PC (mail your ccf to them then ask nicely :) ) the only thing I can think of.

5. Big Al

Big Al
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    search for serial to usb converter. These work fantasticaly. I picked mine up from memory plus cost around £25.00. Simple setup and works exactly as described

Big Al

6. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    You got pm mate thanks:smashin:

Adrenochrome.

7. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    PM received and replied.

How do you find the 32PD3000 plasma btw. Thinking of getting one for the bedroom but was not impressed when demoed at my local Powerhouse. JVC LCD blacks were way better. Only found minimum adjustments available.

Cheers

8. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Really impressed with the Hitachi although tbh i find it really difficult to watch it as it seems so small in comparison to the pj.

The clarity of picture on the Hitachi from the skyplus box far exceeded my expectations. It produces a much clearer sharper and deeper image than the sony crt it replaced.

Adrenochrome.

9. Arsenal

Arsenal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey Messiah,
    Did you get your 7000 okay last week?

I managed to find a suitable US-UK adaptor at maplins, so now just need to get a clue as to how best to sort the thing out!! I think i'm going to wait until the entries for the remotecentral pcf competition are released and see if i can modify one of those.. it's a lot harder and more time consuming than i anticipated :(

10. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Thanks Arsenal, turned up last Tuesday. Shame about the VAT charge but may get that back. PCF completed using the default one but also waiting to see what gems come from the contest.

Using an Argos multi adapter at the moment and the TSU3000 adapter works fine too.

Great bit of kit. Really really pleased with it :D

11. Arsenal

Arsenal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well it looks like even making the most of the contest entries is beyond me :( been struggling in vain to modify Entry 34 for my setup, but i just don't think i'm up to it.. any chance of some help Messiah?

12. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    What help you needing?

13. ailean

ailean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I've got the basics of ProntoEdit, it's not the most logical tool I've used but my CCF seems to work okay on my iPAQ with TVRemote in Pronto mode.

One thing I've noticed thou is that the root menu never seems to appear in the ProntoEdit Emulator (replaced by some auto generated page with my devices on it) but works perfectly in TVRemote?!?

Does the Emulator actually work 100% or have I missed some setting that TVRemote doesn't care about?

I am tempted by the new ProNG, especially if I can get it picked up in the states (about ~£400 I recon) as the directionalness of the iPAQ makes multi device macros challenging, but I'm just wondering if my hard work with ProntoEdit is going to transfer okay (apart from the documented Pro->ProNG issues).

Have you found any -ve things about the ProNG yet?

14. Arsenal

Arsenal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well the main thing i don't understand is why screens randomly seem to have elements on them that have white stripes through them? As though its not rendering certain things properly. This includes the philips defauly pcf's and the competition pcf's which i'm sure aren't supposed to have buttons like that.. it also occurs when i look at them in the prontoprong edit software, so i dont think its my remote?

Although to be honest when it comes to adding stuff to pages i pretty much suck.. i probably should have taken into account before buying it that i've never really been much of a graphics man.

15. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Hmmm, think you may find buttons look like that when they have no actuion (IR code, delay, jump, etc) assigned to them. In PPENG try adding a simple delay to that button and see if that changes things.

You may find if you have altered the original PCF and deleted some devices that the buttons you refer to had links to buttons/pages which are no longer available (due to being deleted) and therefore have no action against them.

Should fix it.