1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone make Pronto configs for cash?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by ajb, Jul 23, 2002.

1. ajb

ajb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all

I have just finished assembling and installing my home cinema and its now time for the eight (!) remotes to be banished and the Pronto to take over. Its a 2mb black and white model, but I am not relishing doing the config file for it.

Does anyone here make config files for cash or DVDs? Or does anyone know someone who does?

All help appreciated
    Andrew

2. kezza

kezza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Programming the Pronto is the best bit..........honestly!!!

Regards

3. ajb

ajb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi

Is that "best" as in most annoying or "best" as in most difficult cos I have no artistic skill or "best" as in most tedious or "best" as in I'd like to enjoy my home cinema without spending 6 months doing my pronto........

You know what I mean! Just thought someone might fancy the challenge of producing a top notch config for me whilst getting some readies in the wallet?

Here's hoping
    Andrew

4. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    goto remote central and dload device ccf's for your equipment
    also download rons gallery

then spend a couple of hours making it look good.

5. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
  6. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    I skirted round getting another pronto after buying one nearly two years ago, then finding out it wouldn't work with my NTL Pace digi cable box (it's a IRDR thing!). But since i know have SKY +, i decided to get another.

I remember being totally fazed by the pronto edit software. I just didn't get it!.

So last Saturday whilst on nights i decided i would lay some ghosts to rest and edit my new Pronto.

I downloaded pronto edit 4 as i couldn't find the edit software on the supplied CD!.

The biggest difference this time was also downloading the "Pronto edit" PDF manual!.

Well i sat down, and all i can say it was as clear as mud!:confused:

This was because i was starting from scratch, so i decided to "upload" from the remote. This at least gave me some pointers, as to how the file structures where etc.

After about two hours of getting nowhere fast, it very suddenly became very clear!!!:D

I managed to re-arrange and edit the remote to totally match my gear. In all i programmed it to operate ten devices including both my X10 and Lutron lighting.

I now see how this could become addictive, as i'am already planning using "macros" to make changing my Barco screen ratios easier for the wife to use.
    Ie "To watch a square picture press the square button"!!!. The remote would then switch on the Amp/DVD/PJ and switch the PJ to 4.3 etc.
    I would get a slap if she read this post!.

I've kept it simple for the time being, by using the default buttons etc. But swapping them for more fancy types involves just swapping one of each type of button in the bipmap picker and the software alters all the rest automatically.

So i would advise you at least having a go, but if you really don't fancy it, i can whole heartedly endorse using Gordon Fraser!.

7. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends what you want and what you equipment is.

I have copied mine with a few tweeks for friend as basic layout is used. This has macros (one touch for Sky Channels, and system on and off). Depends where you want to take it.

Could do you a basic work in progess or totally idiot guided one.

It is more rewarding to learn yourselve, but I recall how much time this can take.

Up to you.................

Nathan