Does anyone know when the Denon 3805 will be available to buy?

D

DaveP

As title. I saw this in my home cinema magazine and I want one!

Anybody know for sure?

Thanks

Dave

Is anyone taking pre-orders? I have a feeling that they will be more difficult to get hold of than the Pioneer 2011 when that came out.

Dave

Went to the Sound & Vision show in Bristol yesterday, saw the amp - WOW!!
Rep seems to think March at the earliest, though April was more likely. Numbers are likely to be small at first, demo units to dealers to start.
Didn't get to hear it in action but if from what I saw and was told I think my trusty 3802 will be up for sale soon. The new remote control unit looks and feels fantastic, its touch panel and activates when you pick it up, EL technology or something.
I know some people didnt like the look in pictures, but in the flesh it looks fantastic.:cool:

Originally posted by DaveP
Is anyone taking pre-orders? I have a feeling that they will be more difficult to get hold of than the Pioneer 2011 when that came out.

Dave

http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/avr3805/avr-3805.htm
Listed at £899 - but they origionally had it listed for £849 so the price could go up again (or down :clown: ).

Mark.

Just tried it again and the link works fine for me!

Mark.

AV land were the peeps who told me march and £1k (on the phone).

May be RRP of £1k with their price at £899.

Doesnt bother me as I got their 3803 for £599, 3805 doesnt seem to offer £300 worth of stuff over the 03 to me.

I too saw it at Bristol and it looks great with a wonderful remote, but unfortunately it didn't sound very good then and there. Not entirely a fair demo - could be the KEF speakers it was running through, could be the hoardes of sweaty bodies in the room, but I heard better sounds at the show. Pioneer AX5i for me, even if it doesn't have DPLIIx.

So what's the thinking I got the 3803 but recently dumped my Roksan kit ans 20SE's to lighten the room up, taking this oppertunity to upgrade to the Gold reference set up. Since then I have been hearing the music and have been considering a more musical upgrade. Is the 3805 likley to do music justice? Thoughts please!!!!

I have got to say the remote looks reason enough to buy it. Anybody know if it is going to be available in Gold?

I have one on order, lets see how long it takes to come in. Anybody seriously got any idea how this is going to compare to the outgoing model, for me an upgraded CD playback will be nice.

Any ideas?

According to the "Tentative" info in the Denon 3805 pdf it's got an "18-ch Analog EXT. Input" :eek: Do you think it might be upgraded to 24 by the time it hits the shops ? :) Best start saving for more speakers and bigger rooms...

Mike.

Originally posted by Flimber
According to the "Tentative" info in the Denon 3805 pdf it's got an "18-ch Analog EXT. Input" :eek: Do you think it might be upgraded to 24 by the time it hits the shops ? :) Best start saving for more speakers and bigger rooms...

Mike.

Inputs Flimer, what about outputs?

Sevenoaks sales guy: Ah Hello sir can I help you?
Me : Sure, I'm looking for a Denon 3805 and 2 dozzen MA S10's please...

Originally posted by RobDickinson
Inputs Flimer, what about outputs?

Sevenoaks sales guy: Ah Hello sir can I help you?
Me : Sure, I'm looking for a Denon 3805 and 2 dozzen MA S10's please...

I check the Denon uk site and could not get any infi, can you confirm where you got the PDF?

No idea. US Site ? Here's mine for you.

Mike.

Originally posted by Flimber
No idea. US Site ? Here's mine for you.

Mike.

Cheers thanks for that, reading away now!!

No pics on the remote though!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom