1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know what happend to Laser Enterprises ??

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dirk 2, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to be a regular laser enterprise customer.

After the legal battle, they continued as a DVD supplier under the title of "the enterpise". Read all about it on the melon farmers website.

Up to summer last year, their hardware outlet the "Cinema House" was still running. I bought three DVD players through them.

I think they've closed now and I cannot find any further details in regard of them. Their old laser enterprises website is still up but hasn't been touched since 1997.

My sister until recently was purchasing DVD's thru them so I'll see if she knows anything.

They were damn nice people.

2. I J S

I J S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also bought many laserdiscs and dvd's from from them.The were indeed a great bunch of people.
    I understand that they were reported by a fellow retailer who resented their success and huge customer base.To rub salt in the wound the rival retailer supposedly continued supplying NTSC material whilst LE had its stock impounded and were being dragged through the courts.

I understand the whole court case took an incredible toll, not only on the business but also on their personal relationships.I felt incredibly sorry for them especially as the rival retailer benefitted hugely from the whole episode whilst their lives were effectivley ruined.

I'm sure I saw an advert for a company called "DVD Enterprise" in HCC many months back.Whether or not it was the same company I don't know.

3. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,984
    Yes Enterprises DVD used to be Laser Enterprises. They are still going strong and have a new website www.enterprisesdvd.com they also still send out those brilliant brochures every month.

Contact them 0870 241 4345

Reasonable prices if not the cheapest, and delivery is no where near as good as it used to be with LD's :D

4. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Their site must have been revamped recently then. Last time I looked it was different and not too good. Ordering online was troublesome for me.
    Looks much better now.

5. jamflem

jamflem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know what happend to a firm called Laser Enterprises ? I used to get all my laser discs from them. They provided a fantastic service, and then one day someone complained that they were selling NTSC laser discs over the counter, they had all their stock impounded and they seemed to disappear......
    If you ordered a laser disc from them and it was in stock, it arrived next day without a problem !! So has anyone heard anything ??

6. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    And still using 'AC3' to describe 5.1 - that takes me back..