1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know the name of this tv show?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Rich1978, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Rich1978

Rich1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know the name of this 90s ITV series? Trying to think of it is driving one of my friends crazy.

This is all he can remember about it....

It was a budget sci-fi TV series that lasted only 1 series as far as I know. It was based around a man who was a kind of slick womaniser type, but a bit mysterious at the same time. (Think Martin Kemp with devil powers) There were two girls in the show in their late teens and he would show up in this sports car and try to chat them up and when he was about everything was a bit weird and spooky. I think he lived in this weird old country house with trees lining the driveway. It was kind of like a budget version of "the witches of eastwick".

I think (although I may have imagined this) that now and then he had red eyes. I think in the last episode he got kind of dragged away into an abyss by the actual devil... Or something along those lines, again I may have imagined this last bit!

Anyone got a clue?

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    American Gothic ? :confused:

3. Rich1978

Rich1978
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, not that one I'm afraid - the one I'm thinking of was made in the UK. I think it was mini series, maximum of 6 hour long episodes.

Any more ideas?

4. briandzo

briandzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maybe 'the Outer Limits'

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Not an ITV show, but the only one that comes to mind, was "Brimstone", which was made in 1997 I think. It was about a man whose wife was killed, and he took revenge on her murderer, before being sent to Hell. Upon his arrival, he was given a get-out-of-jail card by Satan himself: capture and kill all 113 dead souls that roam the earth, and you'll be free.

It only ran for 13 episodes, and aired on Channel 4 and Sky 1 a couple of times. Sadly, it was a superb show that was cancelled by stupid US TV executives who knew nothing about what makes good quality drama. An amazing mix of black comedy, horror, drama, thriller and poignancy. Thank god I have each episode on VHS.

Pooch