Does anyone know the name of this cartoon?

Alien8

Can anyone help? I am trying to track down the name of a short cartoon I saw on TV in my childhood, but my memory of it is very hazy. It was made in colour, I'm sure it is American, and almost certainly pre-1950. It has the hallmarkings and quality of a Disney Silly Symphonies animation at it's most surreal and macabre, but I canot say if it is a Disney production or not (and believe me I've searched).

The loose plot was about a mad scientist character (spectacles, white hair, etc) who gets shrunk and squeezed through the various test-tubes, apartatus and potions in an old laboratory one stormy night. I don't think there was much dialogue, if any, and it has a very surreal, spooky (almost psychedlic) atmosphere. Like a cross between 'Dr. Jekyll & Mr Hyde' and 'Fantastic Voyage'. (I can remember one specific shot where the scientist is travelling through a glass tube that divides into several smaller tubes which causes him to split into several smaller versions of himself which then recombine.)

Apologies for the long post and if it is off-topic, but if anyone can assist then they'd be solving a 30 year mystery for me. (Or even if anyone can direct me to a classic cartoon specific forum.)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom