Does anyone know the make and model of these Hi-Fi speakers?

Jon Clay

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to identify the make and model of the speakers on the attached images, and wonder if anyone could please help.

Neither speaker has any identifying marks that I can see. I'm guessing they might be Italian or Swiss, since my Italian father-in-law used to work for a Hi-Fi shop in Switzerland, retiring at some point in the 80s. Other than that I haven't got a clue!

Many thanks for your help.
Jon

Webp.net-resizeimage_2.jpg
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

The thin silver trim reminds me a little bit of some B&O speakers my dad's friend had when I was a kid. I believe they were called Beovox or summat like that

I'm not convinced I'm anywhere correct but there's definitely a hint of those in their looks.

Do you have any other pictures, maybe of the back? How big are they, scale is hard to judge as there's not really anything else in the photo to compare against.

Thanks Jamie.

It's hard to get a photo of the back due to their location, but from what I can see they're pretty unremarkable, with just a fixed wire coming out of the back (i.e. no plug socket).

The speakers themselves are roughly 18/20" tall.

I remember the Linn's being quite a bit taller than that, they also came with a square section metal frame stand thing on the bottom from those I've seen.

They could be Linn's but I'm only part convinced.

Do the grilles come off at all? Seeing behind the grill might help.

These are Isobariks for reference

linn-isobarik-refurbishment-1jpg.jpg

In the absence of knowing, it looks more like a Cambridge Audio R40 modification/repair/clone than a genuine set of Isobariks. Or maybe an Isobarik DIY job - not unheard of back in the day.

Can you get the grilles off for a butchers?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom