1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know the difference between the Toshiba Toshiba 36ZP48P and the 36ZP48B

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by totalltohang, Jul 23, 2005.

1. totalltohang

totalltohang

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had almost ordered a Toshiba 36ZP48P from Empire Direct when I found there was a model Toshiba 36ZP48B at Unbeatable.

Does anyone know the difference between these two models and if the TV is cheaper anywhere else?

David

2. 5lab

5lab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheapest price i have found is by using some of the places on kelkoo - a few come up as 800 inc

3. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    I expect one has a (b)lack surround and the other a (p)latinum

4. Cupra R

Cupra R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Am I right in thinking that there's a 36ZP48P which does not have surround sound built in and a 36ZP48 (no P)?

Thinking of buying one of these TV's but now unsure as to the model numbers.

5. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Theres a 32ZP46P without dolby digital 5.1 encoding (and additional external speakers) and the all singing and dancing 32ZP48P.

I think the P is something added by retailers donating the colour of the front surround, handy for sales folk.

6. Cupra R

Cupra R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks.

Makes sense with a poss colour code.

Only really ask as been into my local Comet today, they had this particular model in but without surround sound at a "special price" of £779.99. Sales guy said it was end of line, they are bringing a new one out hence the price, wonder if the new one he was referring to was the same but with surround sound inc??? of which is available on the net (with SS) for the same price, with cheaper extended cover too...

7. Essexdad

Essexdad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does this imply a possible Picture Frame 4 on the horizon , or just wishful thinking (or more likely duff salesman-speak)

8. Peritas

Peritas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I emailed Toshiba a few days back with the very same question they said a complete model number should always have a letter at the end of the model number. A B suffix indicates that the set has a tuner for the PAL I broadcasting system used in Britain. A P suffix indicates that the set has a multi standard tuner for use with the different broadcasting systems used accross Europe.

9. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    According to a Toshiba dealer the set is not due for replacement just yet.
    Nothing in the pipeline until at least the end of the year when a possible black surround may be available instead of the silver type as it's apparantly said that folk prefer the older black surround. Of which some TV *improvements* may coincide... as the Japs love to fiddle every so often.

10. Essexdad

Essexdad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Now this has put me in a black hole.....I was shortly to get a 36zp48,but the thought of a revamp + a black surround is tempting to say the least !http://www.avforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1869269#
    Wink

11. longleyc

longleyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just one twist is if you want the 5.1 its has to be 48B/P.
    If you dont its 36ZP46P/B, no 5.1 surround.
    Not sure the model which wipes my arse and hoovers too. :)
    BTW: I want one of these, and everybody is buying one. Please stop until I get mine. Okay! :smashin:

12. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Don't take *my* word for it, it was just what a Tosh dealer told me when I was inquiring about the 32ZP48. May have been total Tosh! :laugh: Just sales talk so to speak so he could keep the interest going. After all he'd just taken delivery of a rather large quantity and wanted to shift them.

I doubt any dealer gets the nod of any pending product release to many months in advance except maybe a few whispers of whatmay be available simply because of competition. However it has been available for a while now which suggests......... :)