Does anyone know the code for the radio for a ford focus zetec??

M

marky32

Hi out there, I have a problem!
Does anyone have a ford focus zetec?
My battery went dead recently on the car and now my radio won't work.
It displays it nedds a code!! When I rang the dealership, they said it will cost me £30 for them to give it to me....
Can anyone help? Does anyone know the code or what I need to do?

Hmmm would it be a good idea to make the code the same for every ford focus? Hang on a minute, they could make the keys the same too, then you could just take the first one you came across, save walking to the other side of the car park.

In other words no, sorry you need your code which you should have written down somewhere, may be worth checking the manuals in the glovebox.

regards

Brian

look on fleabay, there is a way of decoding radios!

As said it could be in the owners manual... probably written inside the front cover, if you can't find it you'd be better off going to the dealer.

If you bought it from them they may well have it on record... if not your other options are... paid the money, or get a decent stereo.

Whats the model number/serial of the stereo it stars with M

Thanx to those for genuine advise:thumbsup:, to the others that want to get sarky, its not that im bloody stupid, but unless you ask you never know!!!! they must not have many friends!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsdow

From what I gather ( the thanks posts) I am the only one who has not received one. From the text you have left its implying that I am being "sarky".

If you ask for help I suggest you think about before you hit submit.

to the others that want to get sarky, its not that im bloody stupid

Not sure where thats come from as i don't see any post untowards on the thread. Perhaps you've taken someone the wrong way?

From what I gather ( the thanks posts) I am the only one who has not received one. From the text you have left its implying that I am being "sarky".

If you ask for help I suggest you think about before you hit submit.
think it was a go at mrsuttie. it is a bit off a sarky comment

Ignore the above posts which are cluttering up a perfectly obvious answer.

You'll need to slide your headunit out from the dash. The serial number will be on the side of the unit.
The Key Code is a hex algorythm based on the serial number.
So, get your serial number, go to Google and then search for a Ford code breaker.
That's what the e-bay 'decoders' use.
It'll be a little exe file about 50k which when run will ask for the serial. type it in and hey presto it gives you your code.
I used one for my RDS6000. Took me less than a minute to find one and download it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom