does anyone know of any smart motion sensors or driveway sensor?

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by bobwilson, Aug 23, 2018.

1. bobwilson

bobwilson
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd like to have a beam break sensor at the end of my driveway so that I a small "ding" sound & don't have to rush when anyone rings the doorbell. There would also be a number of other uses for this.

Is there any smart motion sensor, external smart sensor, or similar? I can't seem to find anything online.

If I get no replies to this then I guess it's a gap in the market no one has thought of yet!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  2. jonnyMercUK

jonnyMercUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I use a ring doorbell with chime pro, this should provide you with a solution.

It detects motion as someone comes up the drive and chimes in the house. I think it can reach 30ft

3. bobwilson

bobwilson
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi jonny, I already have a nest hello but notifications have a delay of about 5-8 seconds by which point they've already walked up my driveway- and the doorbell itself has a delay of at least 5 seconds to chime on google home & a further 15 seconds to open your phone, load the app, and load the live camera. Are you sure the ring pro is instant with someone walking up the driveway?

If the ring pro is instant? Surely it uses the same wifi as the nest hello and thus would have the same delay? How can you make sure it doesn't get activated by people walking along the road?

4. jonnyMercUK

jonnyMercUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    You might be right. There is at least a couple of seconds delay.

Your probably best going for something that doesn’t rely on WiFi, if there is something!

5. Bryn1

Bryn1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    What about something like this? seems to get decent reviews.