1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know how to......

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Hertfordshire1, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Hertfordshire1

Hertfordshire1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now I've got a plasma, all the sound from my digibox goes directly through my amp.

My question is, does anyone know if I can re-programme my Sky remote so that when I increase/decrease the sound using the remote, it turns up/down the volume on the amp instead of the TV????

I've just read somewhere that I can do it for my DVD player and so was wondering if the same can be achieved through the digibox???

Cheers
    Steve

:rolleyes:

2. andyk

andyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I believe that you do it by buying a new remote control and using that I'm afraid

3. Hertfordshire1

Hertfordshire1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not the answer I was after mate!!!!!!!!

Why can we programme the remotes to work and operate different TV's and not for adjusting just the volume on a amp???

4. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    At a guess the remotes are only programmed to except TV codes.

5. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I may be wrong but I'm sure I've read that the sky remote is basically a One4All. You could try programming it as normal but use the one4all code for your amp instead of your TV code.

DaveP

6. jim.rae

jim.rae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree - the Sky remote can control dozens of makes of TVs, so it's really a question of seeing if your amp code is included in the list.

Do you know your amp code?

If so there are web sites with all the codes, plus a fair selection on the Sky customer advice pages