does anyone know how to set up a panny th42px60 with 885

serge

Standard Member
Reaction score
i have a big problem when i press activity and pvr1 my skyhd comes on then tv but it goes to hdmi1 then goes from av to tv cant seem to work it out
thanks for any insight

I jumped in here to ask a not dissimilar question about the same TV with my new 555....

After fiddling around with it tonight, I have Sky HD and my DVD working OK on HDMI 2 and 1 respectively. Go to devices, and troubleshoot the TV, choose 'TV never goes to the correct input', Yes, Help fixes it, Select Input Settings, click through the power options, then through the input list and you get to the input buttons. I have HDMIs set to InputHMDI1 (and 2), and this works every time.

But (and this was *my*question)...I cannot find a button in here that will set the TV to component input (for XBox 360) - several that look like they might do the trick, but achieve nothing (and don't when selected from the remote's 'Device' buttons either, with which they equate). Bizarrely, the PC input works every time. Anyone else had this issue? - I know Panny switching has a history of being problematic, I'd love someone to jump up and tell me how they solved it.

And whilst I'm here.... am I going to have issues if I let the HD box standby overnight? Because my 'Watch Sky' activity is set to have it always on, and it doesn't wake it up if it's in standby.....

Useful thread, thanks. I think I may be speaking to Canada at the weekend.....

Hard to believe that they haven't sorted the base db config to make this more straightforward already.....it's not like these are niche TVs...

Useful thread, thanks. I think I may be speaking to Canada at the weekend.....

Well, I called Harmony tonight:

Through to Level 1 in about 2 minutes. Recommended I upgrade firmware, acknowledged this wouldn't solve my particular issue, transferred me to Canada - after providing a reference, confirming my phone number in case I got lost etc
Through to Level 2 in Canada in < 3 minutes. Spent over an hour with the most pleasant, enthused Portugese guy you could imagine. Very switched on in understanding what I was telling him, very happy to chew the fat over Lisbon, Canada, Jose M, Logitech's strategy, the best Harmony remotes (he loves the new 'One') whilst working out exactly what the TV was doing, uploading new configs etc. Ultimately concluded he couldn't fix it, nor could workaround it - but left me entirely confident that level 3 will be doing so, and will be providing a proper fix for all inputs. Came out in conversation that they have ~ 500 users with this particular TV, but this problem has only been seen relatively recently, because few have had component connections to anything - XBox etc.

The most fantastic support experience I've ever had - I am a committed Harmony fan, and they haven't even quite got it working properly yet :clap:

tfg

i must agree brilliant service spoke to level one then level 2 nice chap there spoke for ages he will call me back monday to let me know progress
i tried settings again what i found with sky and panny through hdmi1 panny comes on first then amp then sky hd since theres a 8 10 seconds delay between tv and sky when sky eventualy switches on it switches to hdmi :clap:

if u can delay sky somehow then great

can u delay on set up

You can put delays in wherever you want - and change the order that commands are isued. But my problem is that there is no discrete command to switch to Component...

I am currently having the same problem.
My DVD plays through component & the Virgin HD through HDMI1
The 895 will not change the inputs correctly.
I am in conversation with Canada who are writing a fix.

There are lots of threads about it on here esp.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414227&highlight=panasonic

Cheers
Adrian

I've managed to work around this now: The HDMIs have always been fine, but the component doesn't work at all. Talking to Canada, we tried putting in two Yellows after changing to the PC Input (which also works fine) - one to bring up the menu bar, one to change to component - but this doesn't work either. Fiddling yesterday, I realise this is a timing thing - the menu hasn't disappeared by the time the first Yellow is sent, so sending two in succession is just cycling the Yellow Inputs.

So I changed it to one Yellow and.....bingo! Works every time.

Tell the activity that your DVD is on the PC input, then send a yellow: You might have to fiddle with the order of other stuff, but this has fixed it for me, whilst I wait for something more robust from Canada....

Lets hope it continues to work, unfortunately the Viera is a total nightmare with all universals, and Harmony in particular. Lack of discrete input commands. Or power come to that. I have refused several comissions simply because the TV was a viera, it would simply not be economic as a professional to program a remote for one ofg these, their behaviour with Harmony is so unpredictable.

Lets hope it continues to work, unfortunately the Viera is a total nightmare with all universals, and Harmony in particular. Lack of discrete input commands. Or power come to that. I have refused several comissions simply because the TV was a viera, it would simply not be economic as a professional to program a remote for one ofg these, their behaviour with Harmony is so unpredictable.

I'm beginning to sense that :) Now I have it working, I'm just going to leave it alone.....

I think the Harmony is a fantastic bit of kit, particularly given that I only paid £40 for it. But, as someone who did a not insignificant amount of programming in my younger years, I'm beginning to yearn for greater control.... I find I'm starting to think 'If only I could have some conditionals here....this needs a case statement....if I could just hold all the Sky Radio stations I'm interested in in a double linked-list...'. Perhaps I should have bought a Pronto, I understand they lend themselves to this stuff....:D

They do indeed, but harmonys do work very well for the money. However, why anyone would buy a 1000 is quite beyond me. I want to get my hand right up it's dress having paid that much, with harmony you get no further than the knee.

I want to get my hand right up it's dress having paid that much, with harmony you get no further than the knee.

Now there's an analogy.... :D

Ultimately concluded he couldn't fix it, nor could workaround it - but left me entirely confident that level 3 will be doing so, and will be providing a proper fix for all inputs.

tfg

And I received a mail from Logitech support tonight: Component switching now works for me.

Really excellent service

I've just bought a Harmony 525 - my dvd recorder plays through component on my Viera 42PV500... will I have this same problem?

hi i had email back from harmeny and yes they have sorted out problems all working fine now:clap:

I've just bought a Harmony 525 - my dvd recorder plays through component on my Viera 42PV500... will I have this same problem?

You might - but the answers are probably contained in this thread, both workaround and fix (ie call harmony)

I have had an email saying fixed. The input setting now works but I cant get the rf extender to work at all:thumbsdow

Looks like more work is needed.

Yes, call them and they can manually change your setup. This issue is almost impossible to automate on the setup, everyone who gets the problem will have to call in to get it fixed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom