Does anyone know any good IP hiding or changing programmes ?...

C

Celtic Blood

I need one to conceal my IP at my work, I've tried to download a couple recently from Torrents etc and had no joy.. can anyone give me a link to a good one possibly with a serial code ?

If anyone can help me it'd be much appreciated and I'd owe you a favour thanks.

I hope your not asking for software hacks, you wont win many friends here with request like that. Sorry.

Have found this for you, havent used it but it hides your address or displays it as a numerical value. Its freeware, worth a try. Good luck.
http://www.dirfile.com/mihov_ip_king.htm

I installed that and then checked my IP on a few of those What's my IP sites.. the IP was still the same so I doubt it works, thanks for the link anyway, maybe I have to change a few settings on it to get the best out of it I'll have a look.

Cheers.

i would recommend Hide IP (As mentioend above) or IP Hider which has a similar yet different name.

ALso proxy switcher you could try.

or for an easy approach try using a website such as www.proxify.com

both work through routing your traffic through a proxy,which is good.

another idea is there is a piece of software which i forget the name of you can run on ur PC at home and create your own proxy which when at work you can use to access websites through ur home connection, pretty neat stuff.

I appreciate all the replies, if anyone has a working full one like "Hide IP" or similar and could PM me it I'd be very grateful thanks.

I need one to conceal my IP at my work, I've tried to download a couple recently from Torrents etc and had no joy.. can anyone give me a link to a good one possibly with a serial code ?

Please reread forums rules regarding software piracy. (yes that is what you are doing asking for a copy of the software and a serial number)

And I can't for a minute think of a legitimate reason for "Concealing your IP at work" either

Are you trying to hide your local IP (your actual PC) or the IP address of your company? Your IP address while on the internet will be the public IP address of your company's internet connection, so unless you can get to the server/router you can't change this.

If you are trying to hide your local IP address from the company IT administrators you are wasting your time. Unless they are complete idiots they will be able to track you by MAC address. If they see a rogue IP address in their network they will find out who it is and block it.

I'd give up and do some work if I were you. :devil:

What the? You are kidding right? You do know it's near enough impossible to mask an IP? It's even more harder on networks in a working environment.

Give up before you get caught and fired.

Why have you got administration rights on your corporate machine, your company must be very slack!!

If you were on most corporate network you would have been fired before you had finished starting up your P2P client :suicide:

We have to give certain people Admin rights on their work PC's because of badly written software, AutoCad is one of them. As it installs so much into user areas that if they dont have admin rights the program doesnt install correctly.

We have to give certain people Admin rights on their work PC's because of badly written software, AutoCad is one of them. As it installs so much into user areas that if they dont have admin rights the program doesnt install correctly.

Too true.
Even some Microsoft SDKs require full admin rights to install.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

I don't understand IP hiding tools as they will back fire. At home you can do what ever you want with your IP but at work stay away from it as you will be found out. :smashin:

Sorry but that does not mean you *have* give them admin rights, it just happens to be your solution. I assume you have taken it off them after the occassion as AutoCAD does not *need* them operate?

In most large companies this type of thing would be handled by the Help Desk etc.

Too true.
Even some Microsoft SDKs require full admin rights to install.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

Sorry but i disagree, software installation and operation are completely different.

Please reread forums rules regarding software piracy. (yes that is what you are doing asking for a copy of the software and a serial number)

And I can't for a minute think of a legitimate reason for "Concealing your IP at work" either

Meant a legal programme with a promotional code to save money or similar more than anything.. and the reason I wanted to hide my work's IP is nothing sinister, just to save me a bit of hassle with something trivial.

Why have you got administration rights on your corporate machine, your company must be very slack!!

If you were on most corporate network you would have been fired before you had finished starting up your P2P client :suicide:

Yeah my main Boss is a technophobe Knob :smashin: , he can hardly even switch on a computer and I have to do most of his computer work for him. :mad: :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom