Does anyone have Appkettle

ellchester

I bought an Appkettle from Amazon in December 2019 and it has worked really well until last couple of weeks when it no longer starts with Alexa, via the app or using the button on the kettle. I have reset, re-paired kettle etc etc but nothing. This is the first time it has gone wrong. I note that Amazon no longer sell it and the Appkettle website has been taken down and they don’t answer emails. I’ve spoken to Amazon who have emailed them as it was sold with a 2 year warranty. I see the company is still active according to Companies House in the U.K. but they can’t be contacted. The app is still on the app store and it still seems to be on IFTTT but using the support option through the app takes you to a wix.com page saying the website is no longer active. The kettle was originally £120 which isn’t great value to only last a year.

I wondered if anyone else has one and is facing similar issues?

LostAtSea

Novice Member
Our AppKettle has never paired and I’ve given up hope with it to be honest. its currently an overpriced normal kettle in our house

Daisy doo

Novice Member
I bought an Appkettle from Amazon in December 2019 and it has worked really well until last couple of weeks when it no longer starts with Alexa, via the app or using the button on the kettle. I have reset, re-paired kettle etc etc but nothing. This is the first time it has gone wrong. I note that Amazon no longer sell it and the Appkettle website has been taken down and they don’t answer emails. I’ve spoken to Amazon who have emailed them as it was sold with a 2 year warranty. I see the company is still active according to Companies House in the U.K. but they can’t be contacted. The app is still on the app store and it still seems to be on IFTTT but using the support option through the app takes you to a wix.com page saying the website is no longer active. The kettle was originally £120 which isn’t great value to only last a year.

Hi we are currently having the same problem surely if the kettle was purchased through amazon they can issue us with a refund

Lauriana69

Novice Member

Hi we’ve had one for 4 years and it’s been great apart from always saying it was too full to boil but turned out it was me resting my finger on the base 🤦🏻‍♀️
Ours stopped working on Alexa at the same time but it still works via the app and honestly, we hardly ever used Alexa. I have it scheduled to come on in the morning and I use my phone to switch it on if I’m in the lounge or car etc. I thank you for the information about the company though. That’s really disappointing isn’t it, because what will happen is as our phones upgrade, the app will stop working. This is what happened with my Withings scales

marion20

Novice Member
Hi we are currently having the same problem surely if the kettle was purchased through amazon they can issue us with a refund
I’ve got an app kettle I’ve been having problem with the water level I wanted to contact them there’s no contact details I’ve deleted the app and I can’t find it when I search for it in my App Store it says not available in your country but I’ve been using it since I bought the kettle looks as thou they have gone bust wonder if we can get a refund mine isn’t even a year old

marion20

Novice Member

I’ve got an app kettle I’ve been having problem with the water level I wanted to contact them there’s no contact details I’ve deleted the app and I can’t find it when I search for it in my App Store it says not available in your country but I’ve been using it since I bought the kettle looks as thou they have gone bust wonder if we can get a refund mine isn’t even a year

marion20

Novice Member

I have to I’ve deleted the app tried to reinstall it to find the App Store saying that it’s available in my area but I’ve been using it all the time I’ve had the kettle is there another app we can use do you know for it or could I get another kettle in place of this one rather then asking for a refund I’ve not had mine an year yet marion

Ifflanb

Novice Member
I have an AppKettle and it stopped working recently. You press the start button and it seems to be starting judging from the LEDs that are flashing etc. But nothing happens. Resetting etc has no effect. Looks like I'm stuck with an expensive ornament.

marion20

Novice Member
I have an AppKettle and it stopped working recently. You press the start button and it seems to be starting judging from the LEDs that are flashing etc. But nothing happens. Resetting etc has no effect. Looks like I'm stuck with an expensive ornament.
I’m going to ring Amazon to get a refund as you have a two year warranty I’ve only had mine for 9 months it looks as thou the company has disappeared as there’s no contact details for them and there websiste is no longer available and people in This thread have emailed them with no reply and if they don’t I’m ringing trading g standards next week

Ifflanb

Novice Member
I’m going to ring Amazon to get a refund as you have a two year warranty I’ve only had mine for 9 months it looks as thou the company has disappeared as there’s no contact details for them and there websiste is no longer available and people in This thread have emailed them with no reply and if they don’t I’m ringing trading g standards next week
I bought mine directly from AppKettle so Amazon isnt an option for me. I emailed AppKettle support today. Not expecting a reply but ...

marion20

Novice Member
I bought mine directly from AppKettle so Amazon isnt an option for me. I emailed AppKettle support today. Not expecting a reply but ...
If I have no joy with Amazon then I’m ringing trading standards to see what my rights are as I’m sure I can get an refund as it’s still in warranty and the company no longer seems to exist xx

marion20

Novice Member
Ok will do
Ok will do
Cool let us know how you get on.
Hi I’m getting a refund the first advisor said I woukd have to send it back to get it repaired as I have which I thought was redicous as I don’t think the problem repairable but then I had to ring them again the second issued me a refund once the kettle had been picked up by the carrier which I’ve just received an messege to say the refund has been issued

da_wicked1

I bought mine directly from app kettle last couple weeks it been making a clicking noise while boiling and when set to boil to 100 will reach to about 80 and stop. Anyone had a issue like this and fixed it as with the company going under not sure what I can do

marion20

Novice Member
I bought mine directly from app kettle last couple weeks it been making a clicking noise while boiling and when set to boil to 100 will reach to about 80 and stop. Anyone had a issue like this and fixed it as with the company going under not sure what I can do
I got mine from Amazon I got a refund for the kettle and the insurance as mine stopped working I deleted the app not realiseing they have gone under so I’ve bought another smart kettle from smarter it’s a brilliant kettle it cost the same as the app kettle to

marion20

Novice Member
Maybe go to the citizens advice and see if they can give you advice you should be able to get your money back especially that they are no longer around now x

CavanDuck

Novice Member
I purchased my AppKettle directly from their store. There is no major issues but since it's missing the Alexa feature & I'm a bit worried about the future for the product. Any way I could send it back get a refund? Anyone else had any luck?

Last edited:

marion20

Novice Member

I bought one an year ago it stopped working I got mine through Amazon so I got a refund for mine and I bought another one with an app it’s called smarter it’s a really good kettle it’s better then the app kettle

marion20

Novice Member
Does anyone have the instructions on how to reset the volume on the appkettle. There was a video on youtube called

APPKETTLE VOLUME CALIBRATION FACTORY RESET

but it has been removed and I cant remember the sequence of steps
Appkettke have gone bust I had one it stopped working so I told Amazon and they gave me a refund as Amazon is where I purchased it from I have a kettle from smart it’s Exactly the same but better hope you find the answer to your question

Kevin Hedgehog

Novice Member
I have an Appkettle that works fine however I have recently upgraded one of my iPads to a Mini 6 and the App to control the kettle does not work although the new iPad was restored from a backup. The Appkettle icon is still preset but when I press it I get a message to say that the app kettle app is not on the Appstore and subsequently does not work. My other Apple devices (iPhone plus other iPads) still have the Apple kettle App on them and they work fine. Is there any way I can copy the App from an old iPad to my new mini 6 so the AppKettle app works on my new device? Please help?

Jimmo50

Novice Member
Theres this almost identical WEEKETT Smart WiFi Kettle |App Control |Compatible with Alexa, Google Home, Siri

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I have an Appkettle that works fine however I have recently upgraded one of my iPads to a Mini 6 and the App to control the kettle does not work although the new iPad was restored from a backup. The Appkettle icon is still preset but when I press it I get a message to say that the app kettle app is not on the Appstore and subsequently does not work. My other Apple devices (iPhone plus other iPads) still have the Apple kettle App on them and they work fine. Is there any way I can copy the App from an old iPad to my new mini 6 so the AppKettle app works on my new device? Please help?
Possibly you have a different iOS version on your new Mini compared to your iPhone/other iPad.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Magico announces Titan 15 subwoofer
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Ajax Systems adds UK Socket to expand smart home options
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best TVs of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Phil Hinton