Does anyone have any reviews for the LG 26LC55, 26"

Jamiebrim

Standard Member
Reaction score
Been looking for a decent HDTV for ages and now i think i've finally found something decent in my price range. Contrast ratio is 5000:1 which i think is very good, but when i try and look on google for reviews nothing comes up and there's nothin' on these forums about it.

So i was just wondering if anyone could give me any feedback on the LG, link below:
http://www.beyondtelevision.co.uk/thisProduct.asp?ID=929

Not as good as the Sharp LC26AD5E - grey blacks and some backlight issues. Dont base choices on contrast ratios - the 5000:1 is a dynamic ratio. The 1200:1 of the Sharp is static.

My final choice was between these two sets and the Sharp was better.

So what's the LG's static contrast ratio? Would you say that those two tv's are the best for the £350 mark for a 26" TV or do you recommend any others? Thanks.

I'm not sure if there are still some Panasonic's on sale in Asda for £350. If so then this is a good set also. If not the Sharp is the best 26" LCD for around £350.

I have no idea what the static contrast ratio is on the LG, I'm guessing its about 800:1.

I was researching these two TVs for the bedroom, and have the 32" sharp for the living room and am very happy with it. I went to a local store to see the LC26AD5E and the LC55, and the LG looked far inferior, with pretty awful blacks. The motion handling and SD on the Sharp is good also.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom