1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have a Relisys RLT1720 which has Teletext?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Jon Weaver, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +664
    Have the RLT1720 models started filtering through with Teletext yet?

According to what I have read, all models made after July should now have Teletext, but none of the sites which advertise this model for sell say Yes or No.

Has anyone actually got one which supports 'Teletext'?

2. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Ebuyer.com have had the text version in stock for a few weeks now.

3. KevinR

KevinR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got mine from Dabs today and its the teletext model. Tested it with Tosh 330 via component and very impressed. I had to use composite to start with to get at the setup menu to enable component, needless to say the component input is far superior.

Have to put it away now though - its a Christmas present for small child - start them young with this AV lark - thats what I say ;)

4. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +664
    What did you think of it?? I am tempted to get one for my Study to replace my ageing 14" Portable.

I popped down to Richer Sounds with my Xbox and Component cable and was quite impressed.. But not sure if I was impressed enough to spend £450. However, there was no way of testing the RF input, and considering that 80% of its use is going to be for TV, I need to be sure.

I think that if the price reduced, in the future, I would snap one up, but I think that £450 is just too much to justify.

If I do get one, I am tempted to get the Silver and Black one, but the only people who apparantly sell this is Ebuyer.

I am tempted to buy one from Richer Sounds anyway (even their display model), just to have an "in home trial". After I have played with it, I can take it back for a full refund. This certainly used to be Richer Sounds policy and I have no reason to think that its not now.

Its good to know that Dabs now have the Teletext version.. If I do decide on the Silver model, Dabs is certainly the cheapest that I have seen!

5. KevinR

KevinR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, like I said its a Christmas present for my daughter so its not the main DVD viewer in the house. I thought about a bog standard portable TV but the screen is sooooooooooo small.

I toyed with buying one of those 24" Sony widescreens but they are very bulky. So for an extra £35 (on top of a fat Sony) a Relisys was duly ordered.

OK it doesn't offer that same stylish look of a Sony, Panasonic LCD etc. it's a bit square at the edges and plasticky. BUT..Its comparitively cheap, has a very small footprint, is quite light (has a handle on the back for ease of transport).

Performance wise the DVD picture via component is excellent - to my ageing 34 year old eyes anyway. It has a VGA port for connecting my old Sony laptop or spare PC into. The picture via analogue aerial is fine - although not brilliant. A freeview box may be better.