Does anyone have a Liteon 2010?

DeepS

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All

I recently got a (e)mailshot from SVP highlighting the Liteon LVD-2010 dvd player with ethernet connection. I have checked out the specs here:
http://www.liteonit.com/DC/english/lvd_2010/lvd_2010.htm

It looks pretty good but I have not found any reviews on it. Does anyone have one? I know Liteon shafted a lot a people on support for their last divx & dvd player by cutting support after about a year.

Any thoughts on this product?

DeepS

You probably want to look at the forums here:

http://cgi.mgillespie.plus.com/liteon/smf/index.php#5

A little bit of discussion, sounds a sound bit of kit, but a bit lacking on the software side.

But it is £100 from SVP (with the wifi adapter) and just the kind of thing I'm after, so I'm going to risk it.

Use code 'useby25june' for £2 off postage.

Despite the spec, the links and the pictures everywhere is showing, the UK model does have a scart.

Cheers
Marc

It's now £85 delivered from SVP, so I ordered one

How did you guys get on with yours?

I'm new here - so hello! :) This forum's a great resource!

I was thinking about ordering one these from SVP as well and was wondering how you chaps who have one are getting on? One thing that concerns me is on the SVP info page it doesn't actually say that it supports DivX (XviD yes, DivX no) - can you confirm this either way? Also can confirm whether it came with a scart socket or not?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Yes it supports DivX, no problems there.

It is a little tricky to get wifi up and running if you use the included adapter, but there is a forum where people have discussed this to death and are very helpful. I'll look it out. (I use mine on my wired network)

The included media server software is average, but there are better versions around, most seem to be using the Neuston software which can be downloaded. Again the forums are a good place to look. The link is at home and it is a bugger to find with a search, nudge me if I forget to post it.

I've actually just upgraded to a DVD with hard drive, so my 2010 is going spare (and SVP have no stock).

£60 delievred if you are interested.

It's not boxed but has everything and in excellent condition.

Cheers
Marc

Oh and it can be made mutliregion and (if SVP haven't changed the picture/spec) it does have a Scart socket on the UK version.

Cool thanks for the reply - might take you up on your offer!
Out of interest what player have you bought now?

Let me know what steps we'd have to take to make an exchange with your 2010.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom