Does anyone have a HS20 (or similar) I could demo around Cambridge area

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stuthemong, May 10, 2004.

1. stuthemong

stuthemong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    All,

As title, i am after a proj, and have dismissed DLP's. The HS20 @ £1.5K looks a very strong contender, though i would like to demo one first. Does anyone have one setup i could come round and see? I'll bring haagendazz and beer (though Kaliber for me, as ill be driving)!!!!!!

Stu

2. ntslik

ntslik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    why have you dismissed DLP's

3. stuthemong

stuthemong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    rainbowing appeared too distracting even with a 4x wheel. I cannot afford a 3chip DLP, so LCD it is.

If there was a DLP at WXGA res at £1.5K i could be very tempted and deal with a small, *stunning* screen, but i think id rather have a slightly less vibrant *massive* screen. LCD seems the only way to go. I like to view from more of a 1.5:1 ratio, not >2

Neil,

There was a lot of confusion with the Demo i had yesterday, for one it was in Stevenage and not St Neots, which was news to me at 9:30 that morning ;)

The installation was a bit rushed, so if you think that you can do better, i would love to come and have another demo of the H30 setup as you would have it (in St Neots) - this way i guess we could rule out any setup/viewing distance issues (as there sure were a lot of settings to tweak, that all had a vast impact on picture), as you could get that tweaked beforehand. How does that sound? ( i would like to see the H56 too, that maybe better)

Stu