1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have a BenQ 8700 ???

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by gymboy17, Jan 20, 2005.

1. gymboy17

gymboy17
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to compare notes with someone who has a BenQ 8700 projector so i can try and iron out some problems.
    Thanks, Nick.

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,116
    What problems are you having?

I believe there were quite a few owners of the 8700 over on www.avsforum.com (use the search), so try there if we can't help you here.

Gary.

3. gymboy17

gymboy17
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gary I will take a look there.

Cheers, Nick

4. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've got one, what trouble are you having?

Simon

5. gymboy17

gymboy17
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello simon,
    Good to hear from you. I need to know if you have ever had problems with lipsync with your 8700. Mine is projecting an image that is about 1 tenth of a second after the sound.
    Apparently there is a common problem with projectors sending out dlayed images that throw the sound out of sync. Mine is now unwatchable. It's a great projector other than this problem.
    Have you ever noticed this with yours? There is no mistaking it if you do have this problem especially if you have your TV on at the same time.
    Cheers, Nick

6. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    How's yours set up? I running mine from a HTPC via the DVI-D input and other than having to reset the EDID information to get the DVI-D input functioning, I've had no problems.

If you've tried different inputs and sources and the problem is consistent then it does sound like it may be a fault with the unit. If you're using a HTPC then you should be able to alter the sound-video sync. to correct the problem, if your using a conventional set up then you might be able to increase the audio delay by reducing the speaker distances in your receiver set up?

Failing that there's always the service menu, there are all sorts of goodies in there. I can't remember how to get to it off hand but I'll have a look over the weekend. Post on avsforum as well and you may get some more responses, the projector has quite a following in the States.

Cheers

Simon

7. gymboy17

gymboy17
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using a DVD player with an S-video lead which should do the trick.
    Is this serice menu on the actual BenQ, I haven't seen any menu other than the usual menus you get on screen.

Nick

8. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yes it is the service menu, you get to it by pressing 'On' while the normal menu is on screen, then when the normal menu disappears you press menu again to get the service menu. I've just had a look and I can't see anything helpful though.

My advice would be to try another input if poss., if you've got a PC then hook it up using one of the supplied leads. Download a trial copy of one of the DVD playing packages ( e.g. WinDVD ) and see if you still have the problem. Failing that try component or composite in and see if the problem is still there. I presume the problem isn't with the DVD player - it's fine playing s-video to your TV?

Cheers

Simon