Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Does anyone fancy a projector get-together?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by WonkyEwok, Feb 5, 2005.

1. WonkyEwok

WonkyEwok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Just a thought. I'm pretty chuffed with my TX-100 and its setup now, but it may be that an AE-700 or HS-50 (or a DLP) would beat it senseless (or not :cool: )

Would any projector owners fancy getting together to see how they compare for VB / SDE / colour / black levels etc. (accepting that they're probably set up differently)?

I live in the Midlands and would be happy to offer my house. It's, ermm, a bit snug though, limiting throw distance to about 3-4m. I also don't have a proper screen (although white card seems quite effective), but I'd be happy for someone to bring one. I can provide input via dvi / vga from a pc and component / rgb from a Toshiba 330 (old, I know).

PM me or leave your names below if you fancy it. I think it'd be instructive to see how similar different copies of the same model are too!

2. dekoded

dekoded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Sounds great, but although I'm originally from Derby, I now live in Blackpool. :mad:

It would have been really helpful to me and I imagine anyone else who has tried to decide on a particular type/brand/cost of PJ to buy, I have just about got things as I want them but it's taken me weeks to get everything right!

What we really need is more people who live close to one another to offer what you have, I'd be more than happy to demonstrate (show off) my setup and I think most people would feel the same.

ps anyone living in blackpool and is thinking about buying a PJ, you're more than welcome to have a look at :D my setup