1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else still have a Pioneer SPD-07

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by maj74, Jun 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I got one of these 6 years ago....new at half price, because the shop couldn't sell it.... I used american laserdiscs back then....

of course... having a nice hi-fi (arcam alpha 10 amps) meant that when dvd came along...having the Pioneer was just wonderful... all your decoding in one easy box...

Even these days...when I listened to phantom menace and attack of the clones in dolby digital from the pioneer i thought 'this is still pretty impressive!!

Now I've just bought a s/h tag AV32 whih will include DTS and PLII which will be very welcome... but I just thought.... I wonder if anyone else still uses the trusty pioneer SPD-07

Why has no-one ever marketed a standalone all in one processor like this at a similar price point?

I'm sure there's a market out there for a good processor for people with nice hi-fi'swho don't want to spend the £1000's that tag and so on cost....

Any thoughts or comments from spd-07 owners?

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    I've never experienced the high end of the old days ... but it seams to me that to match the quality of decoding offered in the early DD and DTS amplifiers ... all you need to do is look at £2-300 integrated amps. Yes the TAG / Arcam / Lexicon / Meridian (and even Rotel) processors do things better ... and the amplification has not improved and is worse in budget kit ... but the actual decoding you don't need to look high to match 6 year old processors (IMO).

Vikki