• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Does anyone else see this on their LCD?

stoomc

Prominent Member
Hi all this may sound very trivial, but gonna ask anyway.
When My Tv is on a black screen (but still turned on) it's not pitch black as there is a backlight behind it (this is not what I am complaining about) I have noticed lots of vertical lines covering the whole television, from a distance and when a film is fading to black it kind of looks smeary for eg.
Is this normal on all LCDs? I was just making sure that it wasnt just my set?

stoomc

Prominent Member
Not noticed a grid-like structure to mine, nope - what LCD is it?

It is a 37" Grundig (GULCD37HDIT)
Dont get me wrong it's an ace set, the PQ is amazing with SKYHD.
I posted another forum a while back asking a similiar question...it was more about for eg. when I am playing a game on Gamecube, and when the camera is panning or scanning, I can make out straight vertical and horizontal lines on the set, it is hard to notice but once you do, you kind of always look for it!

That's actually a quirk with the GameCube's video output. I noticed it on my CRT in 2003 when I was playing Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. Are you sure that's not what you're seeing?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom