Does anyone else notice this?

stoomc

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...has anyone else noticed this on SKY movies HD while watching a film with the black bars along top and bottom, the first say 2" above the black bar are quite smudgy and out of focus?...but...it's only above the bottom black bar and as I say it goes up about 2 inches and it is a perfectly straight line?...It is ONLY on black bar movies, but it is not visible at all on whole screen films...it's very weird. I am not looking for reasons why it is doing this or anything and it is not to bad, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one.
If you have star wars revenge of sith on yer hard drive give that one a go and look above the bottom black bars...I hope I dont draw your attention to it too much though!!
I would like to stress that I am not complaining I am a huge SKY HD fan, absolutely love it!
Thanks guys, hope you can relate!
Stuart :)

Never seen it myself.. could be a scaler issue? Are you using 720p (Sky box as scaler) or 1080i (TV as scaler)?

Sounds like the macro/HDCP , being broadcast by sky.
Have seen it myself on scenes with differeing contrast.

I have a really funny feeling this is not just me. Can I ask others to maybe have a quick look at the films on HD and see if you see the same thing, at first it's not apparent. God, I hope it's not my set!
Thanks guys. :)

Never seen it myself.. could be a scaler issue? Are you using 720p (Sky box as scaler) or 1080i (TV as scaler)?

I have it set to 1080i, but I have tried it on 720p but makes no difference. Can anyone else please confirm if they get this also?
Thanks

Never seen this myself.

Well I have come to the conclusion that it is happening on everyone set as you can still see it when it is paused, so it is coming from SKY themselves, also I checked it on another HD set.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom