does anyone breed pedigree dogs to sell/keep

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by kopchoir, Jan 19, 2008.

1. kopchoir

kopchoir
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,455
    I cant believe how much people sell dogs for its a fortune :eek: a friend of mine has been thinking of breeding pedigree dogs, as she works in the hospital with me she is still seriously thinking about it but with juggling work family and breeding dogs it can be hard work.
    Does anyone know of any good reputable websites that breeders use to sell pedigree dogs or anything else you can help me with regarding this.
    regards
    kop

2. jojomojo1971

jojomojo1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    most people looking for a pedigree dog will contact the local chapter of the Kennel Club who have a list of breeders in the county who are selling/ breeding at that time. the other way is looking for websites concerning the particular breed that they what to breed they have adverts about animals for sale.

you have to research stud farms as well some breeders used these as well as owning both sexes. also research the orginals of the dogs and make sure they are both kennel club registered and who they sires where.

past winners of crufts and other shows and best of breeds can fetch more money for they're offspring.

3. Mr_Wistles

Mr_Wistles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,035
  4. Accylad

Accylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +315
  5. oakie

oakie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    So in other words your friend wants to be a puppy farmer?

6. kopchoir

kopchoir
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,455
    i dont know all i know is she has a dog and it has given birth to 4 pupps 2 male 2 female and obviously due to work (nhs long hours) and family commitments, she wants to sell them to either breeders or via a reputable website were they will be well looked after.
    Her husband died recently to so the cash would come in very handy also, but she didnt know were to go or look so i thought since everybody on here is so diverse and into all kinds of different hobbies and interests apart from av stuff that i could get some info for my work colleague
    simon

7. oakie

oakie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    In that case can she not advertise them locally, maybe a weekly new paper or an add at the vets surgery - that way she will be able to meet potential owners and check their family /homes /other pets out to make sure they are suitable match, if she does sell local your friend will be able to keep track on how the pups are developing / make sure they are not being abused etc. JMO