1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone actually own a Sony 32FQ75 they are actually happy with ? :)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Jimbob, Feb 2, 2002.

1. Jimbob

Jimbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just asking since I had the TV blokes around this morning only to find digital ITV isnt in my area which blows my plans on getting the Sony DX100.

not much point getting a intergrated digital TV if you cant get digital!!

This means the next best analogue TV is that old chestnut the FQ75 which everyone loves to hate

Surely not everyone must suffer from these scrolling bar problems...

I am looking to buy from Techtronics should they ever get them in stock since they apparently get them from Sony UK direct and have assured me in writing 3 times theirs arent grey imports.

Jimbob

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you will be bloody lucky if you get one of these sets that does not have the bars. i had 3 sonys. 2 fx models and one fq. the fq had loads of faults. the fx had a green patch in the corner but i cant remember scrolling bars. i would go for another make. even the dealers etc i spoke to are sick of complaints about sony. go for tosh or pan

3. Jimbob

Jimbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like Sony TV's though. my current TV is a Sony and its done me proud.

Perhaps the only option is to buy the DX100 anyhow and not use the Digital option (assuming it lets you)

Jimbob

4. Kevin Clark

Kevin Clark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For every single make and model of TV there are those that have it and think it's great and those that would never buy another.

I'm looking at Philips jobs at the moment. There are some who say don't touch it with a barge pole but the magazine reviews all say they're the best.

Go figure.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jimbob - I've been a Sony lover for years and always said I would never buy anything that wasn't Sony. Well, having tried 3 FQ's and 1 FX, all of which have gone back, I have given up on Sony with great sadness . . . I now have a great JVC. When Sony get their act together and get back their good name in the trade - at the moment it is something approaching mud - I will return to the Sony fold.

My 8 year old Sony TV is wonderful and I am keeping it as a spare. But the current sets they produce are not good.

Carol

6. siwatkins

siwatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I looked at lots of makes and models before settling on a Philips 32PW9576 which not only looked a lot better to my taste than any of the other boxes, but had excellent picture quality as well. Unfortunately the first one I received from QED had a couple of issues that required engineers confirmatin that it should be replaced. However the replacement is simply stunning. I've not seen a better picture anywhere. Colours are gorgeous, with wonderful saturation and outstanding contrast, and the 9576 has been updated internally to include the latest revision of Philips Digital Natural Motion. This mode is superb, lending a film like quality that has to be seen to be believed - all my DVDs appear with the same sort of quality as you get when viewing Toy Story 2. It takes some getting used to as everything you see seems "too" good. I can't recommend it highly enough, but make sure you get the revision with DNM.

Simon

7. Darren_L

Darren_L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I don't think that you will ever find a TV that everyone loves (or in fact any other piece of equipment).

I can only speak from my experience, but I've generally been very happy with my Sony KV-32FX65. Apart from the widescreen auto format "problem" (which now seems to have mysteriously gone away :confused: ) I've been very happy with this TV. I have had emails and private messages from other users with problems with the picture, but thankfully I've not experienced these.

If you asked me if I'd buy this Sony set again, I would have to say that I probably would. I was originally going to go for the FQ75 (glad I didn't after seeing the problems other members are having). Guess I'd have a look around the shops and see what I liked the look of, then read up on here about them.

8. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My first set was a Philips and 3 years later the tube blew. Got a Sony triniton and 17 years later it still going strong (touch wood!) and even the batteries in the remote control are still original. Yes, it's being used everyday except we are away on hols.

So I decided to be loyal and bought a FQ in Nov and even since the minute it was set up, I had this scrolling bars as a extra bonus feature which was no mentioned in theri specs !! Tried reporting to Sony but ....................... (you must read how they are dealing with this problem on various other threads). T

Their customer service sucks !!! Dealers like John Lewis have been helpful and sympathetic to customers and help to save Sony's arses with their problem.

9. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please take note - a "faulty sample" ? - this is your belief but you have lost another customer !

10. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Have a look at the Sony KV-32LS35,which I have and others on this forum.No one and me has seen any interference on screen and it's only £700,yes £700 from:- http://www.krishav.co.uk/SONY_TV.html

11. STEVE THOMAS

STEVE THOMAS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TWO WEEKS AGO I SAVED MYSELF AT LEAST £400 By buying a grundig xentia 70 MFW 70-490/8.
    It cost £450 from unbeatable and I would go as far as to say it produces a better picture thana sony. It took a few days to bed in and adjust and it is now superb. And really really cheap. I dont know if they've got any left but I can really recomend it. Well done grundig.

12. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I was told by a few people can't get digital.

Local aerial installers refused to even discuss, some kept trying to tell me to go Sky.

I knew I could get digital - and I did!

Ask a decent independant contractor

13. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't think there are many FQ75 owners out there who are completely happy. Those who choose to keep theirs probably have a "perfect" set, or choose to live with the problems or cannot see the problems.

I had 3 engineers take a look at my set and all of them said that the FQ75 had the MOST problems of ALL the Sony TV's.

J

14. Frank2

Frank2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 32FQ75 since September 2000 and have not experienced any problems at all. I checked the TV in the shop.

It was very slightly damaged. I negotiated a discount before taking it home.

Best TV I ever had, shame so many other owners cannot share this with me.

Sony's behaviour towards customers is beyond belief.

Makes me think too.

My next TV (or plasma screen?) will probably not be made by Sony.

15. fwan

fwan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another message for Mr Steve Dowdle, MD of Sony UK

Please take note - this affecting your future sales too if you carry on your disgraceful "service" to existing Sony owners !!!

16. mij

mij

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +604
    I purchased my Sony KV-32FQ75 U from Currys-Brixton in October 2001, they price matched "Hi-Fi Confidential" in Buckingham Palace Road.
    I used to have a 32 Mitsubishi, and a 21 Sony, and can honestly say that the picture quality on 32FQ75 is awesome in comparison, I have no scrolling bars, the geometry is great (slight bend in bottom right corner) not noticable unless 4:3 viewing.

I have ITV digital-RGB connected & DVD-RGB connected on switchover box, and a Video connected through the ITV Digital passthrough scart. If I wanted to be realy picky, you can see that any text on an information page on ITV Digital is a bit blurred in the bottom right corner, reducing the sharpness setting or changing 100 DRC-MF to 50 DRC-MF seems to sort it.

Overall this is the best picture I have ever seen on any TV, and the only TV that I can turn the volume right up without any distortion or vibration. Any of my friends seeing it for the first time cannot believe the picture quality, and always think I am playing a DVD when in fact it is ITV Digital.

Fingers crossed it stays that way after reading this forum.

mij:D