Does anybody know if...

akarit1

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Poltergeist & Poltergeist 2 are to be released as special editions with a ton load of extra's and dd5.1/dts???
I know the current versions are not very good with Poltergeist being withdrawn.They dont have dd5.1/dts or any extra's.
Poltergeist 3?? I'm not even gonna go there!
Any info would be appreciated.

Better ask the question here.

[Moved from Movies & TV forum by Garrett]

On a recent Home Theatre Forum chat, Warner's DVD people confirmed that Poltergeist would be receiving a special edition treatment.

No sign as to when, nor was ther mention of P2.

Doesn't MGM own the rights in certain regions ? ( perhaps region 1 )

I say this because they have been going thru their back catalogue recently and re-releasing some of their original barebones releases.

On another point its the 20th anniversary of Romancing The Stone, where is the collectors edition ?

Thanks for that Pauley, I certainly am looking forward to that as this is one of my all time favourites,not too bothered about what region it is although I can't help thinking if it does well in USA then they'll release it here as well.

Not that it helps, but the current Poltergeist DVD does have 5.1 sound and it is fantastic. I think it has the most realistic sounding thunder i've ever heard in a movie. Alas, the only extra is the trailer.

Will be double-dipping on this when it comes around again, one of Spielbergs best (just don't tell Tobe Hooper ;) )

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom