1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anybody have a Philips 32PW6515?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by NUT, Apr 26, 2005.

1. NUT

NUT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I was wondering if anybody could give me a idea of what settings for picture to use i.e. Brightness Colour Contrast Sharpness. Ideally any1 with this type of TV would be a big help. I messed it up trying to get a good picture for the playstation 2 now my freeview picture is not so good no more.

2. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi NUT.

I don't have your particular television, which is 50 hz and not Pixel Plus. Mine is the 36PW9618, 100 hz and Pixel Plus. I will give you my settings in case yours has a similar set up. I like a very natural looking picture and it may not be to your taste at all. I like the brightness fairly low, and contrast fairly low as it's less tiring for the eyes and makes the tube last longer. I altered the settings so often during the first few months. I still do it now but not very far from these settings. You may not have some of my options or different ones.

I have my Smart Picture on Personal (options Rich, Natural, Soft, Multimedia, Eco)
    Contrast 40 (percentage)
    Brightness 47
    Colour 43
    Sharpness 2 (out of 10)
    Tint Cool (options Normal, Warm)
    Digital Option Pixel Plus (Movie Plus Double Lines 100Hz digital scan)
    Dynamic Contrast Minimum (option Medium Maximum)
    DNR Minimum (option Medium Maximum)
    Picture Format Autoformat

I hope someone with your television can help as my settings may look horrible on your tv! I also watch always through Sky+ so that may alter things considerably compared to Freeview. I know that sometimes connecting to different sources can give you a different picture on each source. One of our members, Daved, has posted in the last few days about his Contrast setting being so different on different sources and he cannot switch it off. He has an idtv Philips.

3. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I have the 6518, 5ohz so here are my settings on the av1 using RGB.

BR 54
    CLR 34
    CON 55
    SHRP 55
    TEMP NORMAL

I then press the smart button and use SOFT. This looks ok for me but picture is so subjective it may look s.... to you. Keep experimenting and write down the values.

Hope this helps

gbmitey