1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does any one play games on the big screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jasonb, Dec 6, 2002.

1. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been runinng my PS2 through my PJ a sanyo PLV-550b via S-video. Is this the best way to connect it. The PJ doesn't have component. Is there a way of running it via VGA. I thought about getting a pro V and running the PS2, DVD, NTL box and VCR into a scart switcher then into the ProV would this work to give me a better picture than using an s-video through the amp. Any ideas.
    :clown:

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Just a bit cheaper, and for me, better, is a keene synchblaster lead. It converts RGB scart to RGB VGA. Straight from plug to plug. Various lengths available. John Sim also does a little box that does the same, at least as good. Drawback is it's not compatible with all PJ's, you need to check your manual, it needs to be able to handle a HORIZONTAL synch frequency of 15.625khz, that in fo should be in your manual. Lots of screens and PJ's can only do 30khz or more. With a scart switch, you'd have the best connection available this side of an iscan, which is a £700 line doubler. As to playing games on a PJ, it would be rude not to!

3. pinkerton

pinkerton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Why not buy a VGA box? I have one for my Dreamcast and picture is superb on my Sanyo PLV30, I also use My XBOX via component setup for prog scan, ooohh it just gets better :)