Does any one have the Sony BDP-S6200 yet?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wonkycows, Feb 15, 2014.

1. wonkycows

wonkycows

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I know it's now on sale in the UK, but there's a distinct lack of reviews from anywhere. Seems strange that the reviews are so late coming. No AV forums review and What HiFi haven't received they're review device from Sony and yet it's available for sale.
    People are saying that the 6200 is the replacement for the 790, but there's also rumours of a 7200. Thing is, there's no information of what this higher numbered player will have over the 6200, so one doesn't know whether it would be worth waiting for.
    I'm not liking the current Sony design language (the crystal look), but if the picture and sound are great, I'm not gonna argue. It would be better if the players looked like serious bits of kit rather then toys or sweets though.
    I'm interested to see what everyone thinks and if anyone knows more.

2. wonkycows

wonkycows

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Just thought of something else to add, the 6200 is supposed to have miracast (the android system that lets you wirelessly send the screen of your phone or tablet to the tv). How good is this feature?
    I'm also wondering what the streaming services are like in in the UK on the current crop of sony players. I've heard that there's a new netflix app, but does it work well?

3. wonkycows

wonkycows

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I guess I may be the first one on here to get on then. I'll possibly post a review in time.