Does any one have any info about the NEC LT150 DLP?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Paulherb, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Paulherb

Paulherb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a CRT projector but am looking for a DLP to play my Xbox on. I would also like it to play DVD's etc. Ive heard a lot of good things about the NEC LT150.

Just wondering if any one has one and would like to comment?

Max size of screen?
    Can you see the pixel structure?
    Black level etc.

Any help would be most welcome!

Cheers

Paulh.

P.s Gordon I did read in another post that you have a source to get LCD/DLP etc.

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,042
    Metric is selling a Plus (nec is the same thing I think) in the free ads section here. Go check....I'll race you to it....

I am looking in to trying to source some s/h LCD/DLP devices. Not managed to get abck in touch with Mr X yet...

Gordon

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The lt150 has been superceeded by the lt150z-which has 1000 ansi lumens and 700:1 contrast ratio.(they`ve ramped the brightness at the expense of contrast as the lt150 had 800 ansi lumens and 800:1 contrast ratio).
    In fact on the AVS forums there has been more posts on this projector than anything else-it is claimed that with mods the lt150 can yield a 1000:1 contrast ratio.
    I have seen pictures of the lt150`s pictures and there damn good.
    The clones of the lt150 are not reckoned to be quite as good as nec put there own s/ware(vortex) and mods on the plus engine.
    But apparently runs hot...and very short bulb life(1000hours)-
    You can pick one of these up from the u.s.for about 1500 quid.
    This is a good deal if you also bought 3 bulbs for a grand,as the projector stands you in at 2500 squid for a projector that can (apparently)only be bettered by projectors costing almost twice as much!!!
    I was going to buy one of these before the sale fell through-I then opted for a Sony vpl 11ht.
    Doug

4. GaryG

GaryG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one for sale in the 'AV Hardware Classifieds' section, I've included links for most of the info you are likely to need in the advert, if there's anything else you need feel free to ask or send me an email. With regard to your specific questsions:

Max size of screen?
    Depends on how far away you are sitting

Can you see the pixel structure?
    Again, depends on how far away you are sitting.

Sorry to sound so vague, I use it with an 80" wide Da-Lite High Power screen viewing from about 11ft which is about 2 feet too close (limitations of my room unfortunately), could do with a slightly smaller screen or a greater viewing distance. Illumination is no problem, brighter and more even illumination than my Barco BG808, sharper as well, although other threads on this forum have indicated that the sharpness may be an illusion due to the nature of how the picture is created. Whatever the reason, I really like the picture, pity I'm sensitive to the 'rainbow' effect.

Black level etc.
    Pretty good, better than an LCD, not quite as good as crt though. If you feel confident at doing the mods there are a number of tweeks on the AVS forum for improving the black level.