1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does any one else have this problem with Sky+?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by scitech, May 2, 2005.

1. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've not come across this in any other thread and as it's happened to me again tonight I thought I'd ask.

Every now and again, if I'm watching a channel live and I press the Play button to bring up the "Recording Playback" screen of the last thing I was watching, then I hit Play again to start from the "Last Viewed" position, the box will lock up. It will switch off if I hit Standby but will only come back on if I press the Sky button, but then it will only display the "Recording Playback" screen.

It only happens once a fortnight or so and an (unplug - plug back in) will correct it, but more often than not it's while I'm recording so I lose the recording.

Has anyone else had this happen and know a workround other than getting a new box?

Ta.

The Scientist

PS. It's done it since day one so I don't think a Planner Rebuild/System Reset will help.

PPS. Unmodded Pace V2

2. Dizagaox

Dizagaox
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I get the same problem too - it might be worth calling Sky about it...

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Reminds me of the old joke about a guy going to the doctor and telling him it hurts to raise his arm so the doc tells him not to do it then.

Does the box crash/lockup if you use select instead of play when you've entered the playback menu?

The lockingup after pressing Play twice (in quick succession) when accessing a previous playback in a known "bug", quite a long thread in the DS forum many months back.

4. scitech

scitech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So far it hasn't locked up with the Select button, BUT, is this more down to luck as the problem is intermittent? I don't know.

By "this is a known bug" do you mean one acknowledged by Sky? if so maybe they're working on a fix (sounds of someone distinctly not holding their breath)!

Thanks for the replys.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

A quick search over at DS found this thread.
    Have a read and see how it relates to your query since the poster has contacted SKY about it. It can be reproduced but only when you press Play twice, if you use Select in place of the second Play then there is not a problem.

You can look at it in two ways...
    It's a very minor problem with an easy user workaround so why devote time and effort to fix it when the fix could be quite complex or it's such as simple bug that a fix should be quick and easy.