Does an independebt Scotland really mean a Tory dominated UK for decades to come?

Discussion in 'Politics & The Economy' started by 1iam5mith, Feb 14, 2014.

1. 1iam5mith

1iam5mith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +812
    I have read in many if the garbage newspapers that if Scotland vote to leave, we would end up with years of Tory governments because the majority of Scottish MP's are Labour, enough needed to keep the Tories out.

Of course most of these papers talk complete crap most of the time, I just wondered what you guys think?

Also with if the Scottish people vote to leave, they'd be leaving in 2017 right? So if they vote at the next general election in 2015, what happens if Labour get in with a majority amount of seats, then Scotland leave, leaving the Tories with a majority amount of seats, would Labour have to step down for the majority party to take over? Or would another election have to take place mid term?

2. Sonic67

Sonic67
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,467
    Already discussed in the Scottish Independence thread but all Labour would need to do was move further right to steal Conservative moderates. Blair did it to get Mondeo man. I voted for him to get the Tories out last time. No party should be in power for too long.

If it comes to it make what you think is the right noises and most people will vote for you regardless of the colour of your rosette.

3. Sonic67

Sonic67
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25,467
    Also the vote is on independence. It won't all follow straight away. It takes years to sort out who gets what. Compare with Cyprus as to how long it took for them to become truly independent after we gave the country up.