Does AE700 de-interlace?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by trioxin245, Oct 3, 2004.

1. trioxin245

trioxin245
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I'm expecting my first PJ in a week or two (AE700) but it will be a month or so before I can upgrade my dvd player (pioneer 626 - panasonic s97), and I was wondering if the PJ had any on board de-interlacing (no prog on my pioneer) or will I have to live with scan lines for a while? :eek:

Cheers!

2. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The simple answer is yes. Your lcd panel has to present a full image for each frame so is by its very nature progressive. All panel projectors will therefore have a deinterlacing circuit.

The difference really is the quality of the deinterlacing. Some deinterlacing chipsets are better than others (eg. Faroudja) so I'd live with your current setup for a while but plan for an investment in a progressive player.

Better still if you could live with it a PC can give the best dvd output, but that is a different issue altogether.

Have a look in the progressive part of the forum for some further information.

Regards,

Ian Guinan

3. trioxin245

trioxin245
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.