1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does a family member work for Barclays (Tosh 46")

Discussion in 'TVs' started by lee31, Jan 7, 2005.

1. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My wife, bless her, came up to me today & said "did we get our TV from Empiredirect" I replied "yes, why", "oh" she said, "Barclays staff get upto 33% off Empiredirect" !!

I was not amused, could of saved me up to £500

And where does she get off saying OUR tv, surely she knows its mine all mine :laugh:

2. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    We get discount as well (Eaton corporation), but its upto 33%.. I actually have only ever got 5%.. and I phoned them up after I bought something, and they refunded me the difference, just give them a ring.. but don't be too surprised at the discount!!!

3. maidstoneman30s

maidstoneman30s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, i work in cctv, not banking, and the wife is a housewife of 2. so thats me out of the question of getting extra discounts.

Lee, next time i will ask your missus to buy something on my behalf (assuming its your missus that works for Barclays), if theres a 33% off day.

That way i save some dosh, and i will take you and the mrs out for a meal as a thank you.

maidstoneman30s

4. alwaysyoung

alwaysyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all brilliant forums ,

Thought i would post here about this subject , i too have also being looking at getting the 46" toshiba set so to hear about a discount being offered by empire direct to a member of the barclays corporation i got straight on to my sister who has 18 years service and got her to phone up with the model number to see how much she could get off this tv , she was told to re phone and speak to the commercial side of empire direct different phone number , got through qouted the model number and gave over her staff number to be qouted the same price as any joe bloggs could buy it for £1546 , so i guess that either they are not discounting while their sale is on or this tv is too new to the market to disscount. :mad: