• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Does 43PUS8555/12 support satellite connection?

Justin Time

Novice Member
Both Richer Sounds and Currys show this TV as being “Freeview HD” and “Supports Free-to-air broadcasts” (F2A) but Philips website shows that it supports DVB-S/S2 (Satellite) as well as Freeview (DVB-T/T2). Philips also shows it as having a “Satellite Connector”. See picture from Philips. Can anyone confirm if it can be used with a satellite connection or is it F2A only? Thanks in advance.
PUS8555 Satellite.png

Justin Time

Novice Member
This is what Richer Sounds sales guy told me today: -

I can plug-in a satellite cable and the TV will receive all the Freesat channels but the "TV Guide" will not display them using the Freesat user interface because it doesn’t have Freesat. It will use the TVs built-in "TV Guide" user interface where I will be able to select from.

Be interested if anyone can back this claim up before I buy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom