• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Dodgy scart box?

spocktra

I have a panasonic crt with 4 scarts,only 2 are rgb.I have 3 units that i want to use component outputs,which i have dealt with via a manual switcher[on order from playasia].On my tv if you use component you have to use the rgb output next to the component socket for sound.Strange i know but true[this is because the l/r audio out are on the front of the tv behind a flap]Not a problem i thought.I bought a cheapo 3 way scart box for switching sound from 2 games consoles and my dvd player.I tried it today with a gamecube via scart and xbox with l/r audio in a scart adapter socket.With all other units on standby i only had picture on the cube but no sound.Am i doing something wrong or could this be a duff box.I dont really want to spend a great deal of cash to sort this as its purely for switching stereo sound to 3 consoles.

PeteD64

Eliminate the scart switcher to start with, i.e. does it work if you connect xbox audio outs direct into the TV via the scart adapter?

Have you got the correct scart adapter. Sounds like you need one with audio inputs rather than outputs on it. I remember being caught out years ago trying to hook up a nicam VCR to amp for stereo sound. I was sold a scart adapter designed for a camcorder with yellow, red & white inputs but needed one that linked the red & white phonos to the audio out scart pins.

Finally is there a setting on the TV if you want to associate audio on the scart socket with the component input? Maybe it's still expecting sound on the front l/r sockets?

spocktra

Thanks for replying pete.All units work ok straight into the socket on the tv.There is no settings for audio in or out.Might try a manual switch box to isolate each unit as and when required.Thanks for your help.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom