Dodgy PS3 On/Off button

kraized

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has a problem with their On/Off button on their PS3. When I press mine nothing happens although this seems to work sometimes and not others. Using the controllers or the remote works every time. The eject button also works.

Do I have a dodgy PS3?:(

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has a problem with their On/Off button on their PS3. When I press mine nothing happens although this seems to work sometimes and not others. Using the controllers or the remote works every time. The eject button also works.

Do I have a dodgy PS3?:(

How long do you hold it for? It should only take a light tap to turn it on but you need to press it for about 3 secs to turn it of.

kraized

How long do you hold it for? It should only take a light tap to turn it on but you need to press it for about 3 secs to turn it of.

Hmmmm. Maybe I'm not holding it in long enough. But this morning, I pressed the button to turn it on and nothing happened. Had to use the controller instead.:confused:

Acceber

I don't actually physically press anything down, I just hold my finger over it. 3 or 4 seconds to turn off. I never leave it on standby so turning on again in the morning is simple (switch at the back). :smashin:

Turn it off on the back and try cleaning the on/off button,it might be greasey and a simple wipe might cure it.
Years ago there were TVs that had touch controls to change channels and they used to behave oddly sometimes when the touch buttons were dirty.

not a fualt just a bad idea.

seems to be worse if your hands a sweaty/greasy or button is sweaty/greasy

Ive had about 6 ps3s go through my hands and all have same issue

Moogle

Distinguished Member
I don't use the on/off and eject "buttons" on mine. Instead I use the controller and BD remote for those functions. I don't want to get grease and fingerprints on them. :D

MattZani

Banned
the metal is heat sensitive, which is why toes don't work, but fingers do, maybe you were cold?

bsimmer3000

the switches are conductive and by you placeing your finger over them make the circuit and turns on the ps3. some people are just bad conductors and have trouble with turning on things running with these type of buttons. used to have a friend who couldnt turn my living room light on. used to use same system. but ps3 one is super sensitive so should be fine for alomst every user.

MattZani

Banned
oh, it must be that my thick skinned toes wouldn't cunduct...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom