Dodgy Practice

wildebed

:mad:
The supervisor from Sky alled me back after i complained about the installation delay - 6 weeks !!
She tells me that it's quite normal business practice to take £300 off people and deliver the item 6 weeks later.
Not in my experience it isn't.
I asked if I could collect my belongings (the HD box) and await the engineer...No
Can I have my £300 back until the install date..No
just how many poeple have you done this to? ....about 100,000...!!
That's £3 million quid !! nice cashflow situation eh?

Still...got it brought forward to 28th July...

SP00KY

Where are you located?

Prof

wildebed said:
:mad:
The supervisor from Sky alled me back after i complained about the installation delay - 6 weeks !!
She tells me that it's quite normal business practice to take £300 off people and deliver the item 6 weeks later.
I asked if I could collect my belongings (the HD box) and await the engineer...No
Can I have my £300 back until the install date..No
just how many poeple have you done this to? ....about 100,000...!!
That's £3 million quid !! nice cashflow situation eh?

Still...got it brought forward to 28th July...

I think that might be £30 million, an even better cashflow situation. Typical Sky.

SP00KY

wildebed said:
newcastle...why??

I asked because different areas seem to have different policies on bringing forward installation dates. I live in Kent and was told no chance whatsoever of having it brought forward and that Sky simply cannot do this... except it is clear from these forums that Sky ARE bringing installations forwards.

K

Kento

SP00KY said:
I asked because different areas seem to have different policies on bringing forward installation dates. I live in Kent and was told no chance whatsoever of having it brought forward and that Sky simply cannot do this... except it is clear from these forums that Sky ARE bringing installations forwards.

Marvin02 said:
Shouldn't believe everything you read in the Forums m8

Well, you can believe this. I live in Blackpool and got mine brought forward to the 2nd of August from the original 29th of August. It took two phone calls mind. Like you, I can't wait to see HD on the Fuji 58 series.

Regards,

SP00KY

And it makes logical sense that different areas have different demands for installations and different numbers of installers. I simply asked the question so that I could determine if the Sky comment regarding bringing forward an installation in my area was true or not - if I know that they are bringing installations forward in my area (Kent) then I know to make a few more calls ;) And yes - really cannot wait to see HD on my 58 :D

B

Bluevanman

It is in mine. Have you ever tried to buy furniture and pay by card? Unless it's very small, and they have it in stock, you have to wait for them to deliver it. Last year I bought a mattress, paid cash using my Switch card, and had to wait nearly 3 months for it to be delivered.

wildebed

Bluevanman said:
It is in mine. Have you ever tried to buy furniture and pay by card? Unless it's very small, and they have it in stock, you have to wait for them to deliver it. Last year I bought a mattress, paid cash using my Switch card, and had to wait nearly 3 months for it to be delivered.

don't take this the wrong way mate but...you actually waited 3 months for a mattress..????.surely that was a good reason for complaint.

DrussTheLegend

Most large furniture is 6-8 weeks in my experience.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
wildebed said:
don't take this the wrong way mate but...you actually waited 3 months for a mattress..????.surely that was a good reason for complaint.

Definitely shouldn't take that lying down :D

Chris Muriel, Manchester

wildebed

Caimbeul said:
Most large furniture is 6-8 weeks in my experience.

Yep - that's true but...that's because of storage issues. in fact a great deal of furniture is made almost "to order". The HD boxes aren't subject to the same issues. They excuse given is that the suppliers (manufacturers) have delayed delivery.
Just so long as people continue to accept poor practice without complaint, then poor practice will go on.
At the very least people should telephone and complain.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom