dodgy player reviews in certain mags

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by DPS, May 2, 2001.

1. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to this dvd game, i bought my player(lg 3350e at a bargain price of £179.95) in late febuary after reading an excellent review by home cinema.Since then i naturally scoured the wide range of dvd buyer guides available on the market to get other opinions about my new player. Most are very similar reviews(great picture fantastic sound good selection of features etc).But today i read a review by a certain magazine (dvd)that basicly slated my player saying it has basic picture and sound capabilities giving it three out of five for each.I realise every ones entitled to there opinions, but how can they get the review so wrong compared to other magazine reviews.They also claimed that for the price you pay for the lg 3350e you can get a better player, which i very much disagree with.Personally as an introduction to dvd players ,i believe the lg 3350e to be perfect with fantastic audio and visual capabilities.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You just figured what most of us knew already: reviews are always more or less subjective and who gives a **** about stars anyway?
    On the other hand there surely has been equipment rated 5 stars and it wasn't worth more than two ...

If you are happy with it then that's it. Don't worry too much about other people's opinion.

[ 02-05-2001: Message edited by: Reiner ]

3. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,542
    Well of course there's an element of subjectivity with all reviews, but HCC has the advantage of some objectivity provided by facts and figures from the hi tech test equipment.