1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy pictures on Sky/Sky+....

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Uzey, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I first took delivery of my Panasonic PD30 I immediately noticed that SKY Digital pictures were very digitized. I have since swapped it for a Thomson 32WB643S which has greatly improved the picture but still not perfect. I have now got rid of my old Amstrad Digibox and upgraded to Sky+ which produces exactly the same results.
    Does everybody get slightly digitized pictures using Sky on a digital 32" TV?
    Would I be better off using S-Video instead of RGB?

2. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may be the 100hz processing,i've always put it down to that.Somtimes seems to me that the picture is over processed.

3. Mad Mikeyboy

Mad Mikeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I recently bought a 42" lcd rear projection T.V and have the same problem. To such an extent that I am going to replace the set with another model. Watching sky sports is impossible and find myself watching Euro 2004 on analogue through the normal arial. My previous set was a 32" 100 hz T.V with which i had no problem. Now I have this constant "digital flicker". The only time i get truly good picture is on the movie channel or when the adverts are on. DVDs are also superb so I think the problem lies with sky.

4. Uzey

Uzey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't get me wrong, the picture on some channels is almost perfect! I'm sure the picture on this set has got better over the last week and a half!!!!!
    The footy on ITV however is bloody awful. I have never seen such a rubbish transmission!!!! Of all the applications 'widescreen' televisions can do justice for, football should be second on the list (movies first of course!!). Why the bally hell don't they use widescreen cameras to film the football and WHY is it transmitted with such a low bitrate!!!!
    Idiots!
    I do love my Thomson telly though, LOVELY component picture, top notch sound, looks good and those 'little' touches like when you press stand-by on the remote, the picture just digitally shrinks away to nothing!!! Cool!
    Heavy bas**rd though!

5. philangst

philangst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Its not just sky+ with truly awful Euro2004 picture quality, it also effects freeview pictures as well. I am watching on an old 50hz Aiwa and Thomson DTT box and have also switched back to analogue for footie. There is too much ghosting, pixelisation and digital nasties on DTT. Others have said fast moving sport never looks good on digital, but pictures from Wimbledon and motor racing dont show the same symptoms?