1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy Eyesight

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by David Keegan, Dec 15, 2002.

1. David Keegan

David Keegan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would really love to get a Touch Screen Remote to cover the many remotes I have aquired to operate my TV/DVD/ Surround Sound/ VCR / Sky Digital etc and am considering the Pronto2/Marantz 5000 but my eyes are not the best in the blackout conditions my kids want in the livingroom for the latest DVDs Can anyone advise on the best option to cover this situation

2. ricdiggle

ricdiggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The remotes you mention have a little button on the side which lights the whole screen up in a blue hue.

Phillips Pronto is cheap at Richer Sounds - if they have stock.

3. alan8477

alan8477

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have a couple of dozen remotes around the house, and the only one I can read without glasses is the Pronto. Although there are hundreds of pre-designed layouts on remotecentral.com, I have designed my own so that I can read it without aids (light or glasses). That's the great thing about the Pronto, you can have the buttons as big as you like (as long as you don't need bigger than @ 3 inches by 3 inches).