1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodgy dealers!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bash, Feb 5, 2003.

1. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Just come back from PeeJays in Walthamstow.

I asked the guy in there weather the Strata was going to become discontinued as Comet, PowerHouse etc had said so. He told me that this didnt mean Tosh were discontinuing them, just that these stores were just no longer buying them.

Fair enough.

I also asked weather he could price match local competitors like PRC, RGBdirect etc. He told me not to buy from them as he had seen some RP Tosh's from them with German 2 pin plugs converted to UK 3 pin. Customers had apparently complained about 'buzzing noises' etc. He also went on to explain this was why all these competitors were able to sell TVs much cheaper then places like PeeJays, Dixons etc, as they are not official UK Toshiba stockists. He claimed that all they are all graded stock and most are not fit for selling on.

This would explain why so many people have had there 'problems' with there sets wouldnt it?

I dont know what to make of all of this, what do you think?

2. tnaseem

tnaseem
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I find this hard to believe, as Toshiba themselves come and install the TV's when you order from RGB / Empire. Or so I've read in these groups.

The reason I think they're cheaper is because they don't hold the stock themselves, but just pass the order direct onto to Toshiba, after taking a small bit off the top. This is why the set comes direct from Tosh.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

Cheers,
    Taz