Dodge Caliber.

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by niceguy235uk, Sep 2, 2007.

1. niceguy235uk

niceguy235uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Evening all!

Was thumbing through my local freebie paper this afternoon and came across an advert for one of these:

http://www.dodge.co.uk/caliber/gallery.html

I know they're American etc etc, but after wondering round to my local dealer this afternoon and peered through the gates at the 2 ex demos they have for sale, they do appear to be good value for money and pretty awesome looking! Might pop round again tomorrow and take one out for a spin.

Does anyone have any experience/opinions, good or bad, of this particular brand?

Cheers!!!!

2. criticalmass

criticalmass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I love Dodge, i love american cars but the Caliber plain sucks!! the engines are particularly poor.
    Gimme a charger

3. Drd

Drd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
  4. Palladio

Palladio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Well I picked up new Caliber on Sunday ad so far as pretty pleased with it. Diesel engine is the VW 2.0 engine so can't complain there as basically the same engine that was in my Audi A4 that I just replaced. OK fit and finish inside you can't compare to Audi but then you don't pay their premium price either. Servicing is a third cheaper for the same engine. Sound system is excellent, again comparable to the Bose upgrade I had on the Audi and I didn't have top pay an arm and leg for all the optional extras, all included in the SXT spec.
    For me it provides a 5 door hatch that is different to the norm, does what it says on the can and so far is good to drive, only done 30 miles so I'm sure it will free up over time.
    I read a lot of negative reviews but as per AV reviews better to drive and see for yourself. Magazines all seem to have vested interests and Clarkson talks c*** although he may be an entertaining writer. At the end of the day it's horses for courses not many people actually drive their cars anywhere near their limits so whether it drives as well as a focus or not is irrelevant to a lot of people.

:thumbsup:

5. CFC1

CFC1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,218
    Palladio ... good luck for taking the plunge... I suppose the A4 to Dodge Caliber path will not be well walked, but you deserve credit for making your choice! Anyway, hope it gives you years of good service and happy motoring! :thumbsup:

6. gerabold

gerabold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hired an almost new Caliber in America - for about 500 miles. Thought it was a fantastic, great looking car and have considered buying one.