Doctor Who General Thread

He's probably better at the publicity side of things than he is the writing and producing side of things.

Btw, am I missing something, as I don't quite get the significance of the 13th/THIRTEENTH of October? It's hardly 23rd November.

He's probably better at the publicity side of things than he is the writing and producing side of things.

Btw, am I missing something, as I don't quite get the significance of the 13th/THIRTEENTH of October? It's hardly 23rd November.
Hardly. He keeps things too secretive and doesn't reveal enough.

The Thirteenth of October's significance is because our current Doctor is the Thirteenth Doctor.

"The blonde actress oozed sophisticated glamour"

In Daily Fail speak.

She's not showing her knockers!

I've now read Christopher Eccleston's autobiography. I found it a bit clunky to begin with but it was fine once I got used to his writing style. It's not in any real chronological order. He travels in time throughout his life. More akin to Slaughterhouse 5's Billy Pilgrim rather than the Doctor. I'd only recommend this if you're interested in Christopher himself and his overall career. If you're only or mainly interested in Dr Who then it's not really for you. There's one chapter on his time in the show and he doesn't go into any detail of the issues he had during it's production. The chapter is sandwiched between two very short chapters in which he relates watching his episodes with his children. He goes into considerable detail about his dad's dementia and his own mental health problems.

I picked it up for a fiver as I had a tenner off from Watersones but I saw it going for £8.99 in Sainburys yesterday. Well worth it for that price.

Bri

Still not really a significant Who date, there is only one, 23rd Nov, that should be Who's May the 4th for premiering a teaser trailer for a special at Christmas/New Year or the next year's full series.

You have £15 to defeat the Daleks. Who do you pick?

For me it would be The Doctor, Clara Oswald and K9.

Attachments

• £15 DALEKS.png
    £15 DALEKS.png
    864 KB · Views: 85
Yep, seems absolutely pointless. What happens next?

Not calling it racist, @DalekbusterTV can do that, but no companion of colour appears on the board. Plenty to choose from, including Mickey who actually killed a Dalek.

Not calling it racist, @DalekbusterTV can do that, but no companion of colour appears on the board. Plenty to choose from, including Mickey who actually killed a Dalek.

I have to confess that I didn't look that closely. Since reading Christopher's biography I've been watching his series again on the upscaled blu. Tonight was The Long Game with Christine Adams in a particularly strong role. I'm loving watching this once more.

Bri

Christine Adams in a particularly strong role. I'm loving watching this once more.
and now another good role in Black Lightning

image.jpeg

Doctor Who Magazine celebrates its 40th anniversary in issue 544.

The celebratory issue comes with:

• A 100 minute Doctor Who DVD including exclusive and previously unseen material.
  • A 32 Page Supliment featuring an index of DWM and its sister publications, from 1979 to the present day.
  • A download code for 11 complete hour-long audio adventures from Big Finish.
Other highlights of this issue include:
  • Exclusive interviews with showrunners Chris Chibnall, Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat.
  • Doctor Who Weekly’s founding editor Dez Skinn and its original features writer Jeremy Bentham reunite to discuss the magazine’s earliest days.
  • Doctor Who writer Paul Cornell pays tribute to his friend and mentor Terrance Dicks.
  • A previously unpublished interview with Terrance Dicks, in which he remembers his working life away from Doctor Who.
  • Highlights from the original, unpublished manuscript of The Eight Doctors, Terrance’s first commission for BBC Books’ range of original Doctor Who novels.
  • Professional Doctor Who fiction writers select highlights of Terrance’s Target novelisations and other books.
  • A look back at how readers’ views of Doctor Who episodes, as expressed in DWM’s Season Survey results, have evolved over the last four decades.
  • The Fact of Fiction explores the 1979 story The Creature from the Pit.
  • A fiendishly difficult quiz, all about the first 40 years of Doctor Who Magazine.
  • Part Two of Mistress of Chaos, a new comic-strip adventure featuring the Thirteenth Doctor and her friends.
  • Audio reviews, previews, news, prize-winning competitions and much, much more!

On sale now at£9.99 (UK)

and now another good role in Black Lightning

I haven't seen that Krish. I'm repeating myself but I'm extremely tired of the American model of tv shows at the moment. A single story told over an entire season or the arc. I'm assuming that this show is continuing that trend. I simply don't have the patience or the memory to cope with them. Especially if I'm attempting to watch more than more one of these at a time. I picked up on Preacher and loved it initially. It was fun and I really enjoyed the multi man guy from Misfits. After several episodes from the first series it started to be a bit on the dull side. My wife made a comment that nothing was happening. I couldn't argue too much.

Bri

Nothing to do with race, I was just trying to get a decent mix of each era.

No idea what eras the penguin and the armed redhead come from. Bottom right one not even from the right show but that over hyped spin-off seven people watched.
The Penguin is a shapeshifter called Frobisher who travelled with the Sixth Doctor in the DWM comic strips. The armed redhead is an accomplice of the War Doctor's called Cinder from the novel Engines of War. Miss Quill is there because she's a part of the same universe.

Yeah okay. Now to the fifteen quid and the character prices ... you been smoking the gange?
No...I based the character prices on popularity and power. Those with the most power and popularity combined are at the top, and those with the least power and popularity combined at the bottom.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom