Doctor Who General Thread

Won't have anything directly to do with Who though, just Bob Baker and Dave Martin's creations K9 and Omega. Don't see it happening other than straight to video (on demand) if at all.

Original 2015 announcement ...
K9, the world’s most famous robot dog traverses the dimensions of space and time to become the latest robot star of the big screen!

Having made his TV debut nearly forty years ago in the 1977 Doctor Who TV serial “The Invisible Enemy” K9 went on to become one of the most iconic characters from the BBC series.

A new look high tech K9 for today’s cinema is being prepared for film stardom.

The film “K9-TIMEQUAKE” has been written by one of K9’s original creators; Bob Baker, a renowned writer of classic Doctor Who serials. Bob went on to co-write with Nick Park the Oscar and Bafta winning Wallace & Gromit series of film shorts as well as the feature film The Curse of the Were-Rabbit.

The new K9 will be appearing in a multi-million dollar movie which promises to be a great action adventure set in deep space. The film will be full of dashing heroes and heroines, androids, monstrous aliens and an ultimate foe who will also be familiar to Doctor Who fans everywhere; the megalomaniac OMEGA.

The film is to be a UK co-production with exteriors filmed overseas and studio work planned for the UK.

K9 is the perfect character to star in a movie with a whole new bunch of action heroes making this a home grown Star Wars come Guardians of the Galaxy style cinema must see film.

The film is currently slated for release in 2017 which will be K9’s fortieth birthday!

Last edited:
image.jpg

A very impressive remake. They really made it look authentically 60s.
Way better when they tried to recreate them in the late 80s I think Blue Peter could have done better(note the feet). :D
Crap Dalek feet.jpg

I have a soft spot for that music video. A lot of fun to watch (some of it for the wrong reasons).
Not for the same reason as there a rumpus over the Joker? :rolleyes:

but I don't think the music video was made with the intention to make people laugh either.
It was intentionally taking the piss, whether or not you or I personally were amused. They were/are tricksters. After all, they followed up the single with this book ...
410ACVVCF2L.jpg

I always thought it was intentionally funny.
Yep Bri me too. Canny fellas Cauty and Drummond. KLF/Timelords/JAMs were an amazing act, was a big fan and long time fan of the Orb. That podcast/series was fun. Downloaded and listened to it all back in January, though it's available indefinitely.

I liked the cheeky rock version of What Time Is Love (re-titled "America: What Time Is Love?"), with Glen Hughes of Deep Purple Mk3 - Mk4 fame

It was intentionally taking the piss, whether or not you or I personally were amused. They were/are tricksters. After all, they followed up the single with this book ...
View attachment 1206484
Yep Bri me too. Canny fellas Cauty and Drummond. KLF/Timelords/JAMs were an amazing act, was a big fan and long time fan of the Orb. That podcast/series was fun. Downloaded and listened to it all back in January, though it's available indefinitely.

I liked the cheeky rock version of What Time Is Love (re-titled "America: What Time Is Love?"), with Glen Hughes of Deep Purple Mk3 - Mk4 fame

Yes I quite liked them too Krish. I have the video of Doctorin' The Tardis on CD Video. I still have a working Laserdisc player that will play it. Or at least it was still working last I used it. I even got away with with this one.

Me and Tammy are usually like oil and water.

Did you catch that radio show I mentioned in an earlier post. I caught part of it while I was in the kitchen one night and didn't have the faintest idea what it was. I was only half listening until I started hearing things like Ford Time Lord and the Time Lords.

Bri

Last edited:
Did you catch that radio show I mentioned in an earlier post. I caught part of it while I was in the kitchen one night and didn't have the faintest idea what it was. I was only half listening until I started hearing things like Ford Time Lord and the Time Lords.
Yep that was the series/podcast I mentioned. Also posted about it in this GC podcast thread ...
three new podcasts I've just started listening to ...
The Dropout is about the Theranos scandal and its founder Elizabeth, the other two are serious and comedy dramas on the Iranian Revolution of '79 (narrated by Diana Rigg) and those Justified Ancients of Mu Mu, the KLF

So today was the 13th October, and no Series 12 trailer.

The THIRTEENTH of October.

They were handed a golden opportunity on a plate there for some Series 12 news at least, and there's nothing. That really highlights how useless Chibnall is at the publicity side of things.

So today was the 13th October, and no Series 12 trailer.

The THIRTEENTH of October.

They were handed a golden opportunity on a plate there for some Series 12 news at least, and there's nothing. That really highlights how useless Chibnall is at the publicity side of things.

Indeed! Sack the the beggar. He's useless.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom